Signal bleed on one side from output 2 with volume down

jojo

Inspired
I run thru a power amp to guitar cabs via output 2 (using FXL) and to FOH thru output 1. I recently started using a much more powerful power amp, which caused me to notice something odd. When I have the level for output 2 all the way down, my right channel puts out no signal (as expected) but my left channel has quite a bleed. When my power amp is set pretty high (75% or so) it's actually startlingly loud. As I turn up the output control, the right channel fades in slowly while the left channel doesn't change much until my output gets to about 9 or 10:00, which is the point at which they are about the same volume. After that, both channels get louder together. Very frustrating Has anyone else noticed this??

FYI I've done all the usual troubleshooting of cables, power amp, etc. It's the axe, and it's consistently the same side. And it's on every patch. Does not happen in output 1, when it's turned down there's no signal either side.

Last edited:
Are you using left and right of both channels? I was running stereo out of Output 1 to send to monitors/DAW and mono out of Output 2 to power amp/cab and had to switch the channel 2 mono to the right side instead of left because of a similar thing happening....don't know why.

Sorry for lack of clarity, I just edited my original post (I kept saying "channel 1/2" instead of "Left/Right"). Yes, my whole rig is stereo into my guitar cabs and I run stereo to FOH. When I turn output 1 all the way down, I have no signal. When I turn output 2 all the way down, I have signal bleed on the right side but not the left. The end result is that I can't turn my volume down to silent on stage, and in my studio I need to use the attenuators on the power amp to get things down to a reasonable volume because with the power amp set high, there is so much bleed from the right channel it's too loud for quiet practicing.

Oddly, I never noticed this until recently, but I just got a much more powerful power amp so maybe it's just more noticeable now. Maybe it's just the pot? Are the output pots stereo pots, maybe one side is bleeding? That would be a lot better than digital brain damage I guess.

randombastage, I think it's noteworthy that you have a similar issue, same side.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom