Show your Schecter guitar!

You guys with the SLS models - how is the stock playability? And if you adjusted to your personal preference after arrival, were you able to get it perfectly to your personal liking? I'm asking because I'm thinking about getting a PT SLS Elite from Sweetwater, and am wondering if the guitar would significantly benefit from a Plek? Or is just fine out of the box, thus making the Plek not worth the additional cost? Thanks!
Mine was excellent right out of the box. Over the past couple years I've had to do very little to it. It's been very stable. Would I get it plexed? It might be worth the piece of mind and you'd never have that nagging question of would it be better.

Totally out of character for me but I've got this one:

c8.png

Nick Johnston and what? Route 66?

Still Nick Johnston, but the Diamond Series one.
Was SSS initially but I've swapped the bridge single coil with an Asatobucker and the stock tremolo with a Vegatrem (best trem I've ever tried!).

Actually the USA and the indonesian one are quite different instruments.
Pickups are voiced differently and the neck profile is not quite the same.

You folks with the Sustainiac neck pickup, how does it sound as a normal pickup, aside from the hyper-sustain thing? As a pickup, it's basically a single coil, yes?

Personally I love the sound of the Sustainiac as a neck pickup. Not a glassy single coil sound, but for me, that’s a good thing.

Still Nick Johnston, but the Diamond Series one.
Was SSS initially but I've swapped the bridge single coil with an Asatobucker and the stock tremolo with a Vegatrem (best trem I've ever tried!).

Actually the USA and the indonesian one are quite different instruments.
Pickups are voiced differently and the neck profile is not quite the same.
I have been eyeballing the Indo version, looking at an SSS but want to keep the cost under 1k. I like the 1 vol 1 tone idea keeps the volume pot out of the way.

I have been eyeballing the Indo version, looking at an SSS but want to keep the cost under 1k. I like the 1 vol 1 tone idea keeps the volume pot out of the way.

Great guitar, doesn't feel like a Fender at all though but more a like a modernized Strat.
Pickups have quite a lot of personality, I think you either love them or hate them (they are a bit scooped).
The only thing I didn't really like about it was the tremolo.

If that's your jam go on, you won't regret buying it.

Back
Top Bottom