Show your Ibanez

Thanks so much for your reply. Very helpful. One quick question I have is whether the Super 58 pickups in the JSM100 and AS200 are also made in Indonesia, or if they are made in Japan? Basically this is due to my recent experience with the PRS SE DGT. Same pickup design as the Core DGT but in the SE they are made in Indonesia, not the USA. I felt the Indonesian pickups were thin and lacked any richness. Basically to me they were just bad. If the Ibanez AS93ZW Super 58 pickups are identical to those in the JSM100 then I would give it a try. My fear is that they aren't made in the same place and I could have the same issue as I had with the PRS SE pickups.
Also, I read the where-ibanez-made link you sent but it didn't make it clear whether the AS93ZW is made in Indonesia, China or Korea. Quality issues aside, I just don't choose to buy a guitar made in China.
Thanks again for responding.

AS93ZW is made in Indonesia.
All those Ibanez that I had and where had Super 58 there was not any problems and they sound just great.
If guitar made in Japan those pickups are also Japan made.
There is also Super 58 pickups made in Indonesia, Korea and China and they are parts for more affordable price
Ibanez.

You need to make one question: If pickups sounds good for your ears then that all what matters?

I have had Super 58 made in Japan (Japan models guitar) and this last AS93ZW guitars Super 58 is just fine and sounds great.

When buying guitar I always test them with my own hands and ears, this is best way to know if guitar is what you want or not.

More info https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/Super_pickups#Super_58

AS93ZW is made in Indonesia.
All those Ibanez that I had and where had Super 58 there was not any problems and they sound just great.
If guitar made in Japan those pickups are also Japan made.
There is also Super 58 pickups made in Indonesia, Korea and China and they are parts for more affordable price
Ibanez.

You need to make one question: If pickups sounds good for your ears then that all what matters?

I have had Super 58 made in Japan (Japan models guitar) and this last AS93ZW guitars Super 58 is just fine and sounds great.

When buying guitar I always test them with my own hands and ears, this is best way to know if guitar is what you want or not.

More info https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/Super_pickups#Super_58
I 100% agree with everything you say. The issue these days is it is difficult, if not impossible, to find guitars in stock locally where you can do what you say ("test them with my own hands"). Literally that is my dilemna. I agree that if they sound good it doesn't matter where they are made. My comment on that refers to my being a bit scared of Asian made pickup versions of Japan or USA made pickups after my experience with the PRS SE DGT.

I 100% agree with everything you say. The issue these days is it is difficult, if not impossible, to find guitars in stock locally where you can do what you say ("test them with my own hands"). Literally that is my dilemna. I agree that if they sound good it doesn't matter where they are made. My comment on that refers to my being a bit scared of Asian made pickup versions of Japan or USA made pickups after my experience with the PRS SE DGT.
If you buy Japan made like JSM100, AS2000 (which replaced AS200) or AM2000H they should have Japan pickups.
It's so true that those info is quite difficult to find and it would be really good to have these kind info always much easier way.

Most mid priced guitars that have own brand pickup Ibanez and PRS incuded fit custom built G&B pickups (Korean). EVH and Charvel both make a Koran version of their USA pickups for production guitars and they are very hard to tell apart with identical materials and speck . This is not like the regular G&B OEM models though.

Reactions: Rex
Have a pair of Prestige RG's that I love, play and sound great, look pretty cool...no complaints here!

Ibanez-Guitars.jpg

Puzzler-In-Case.jpg

Prestige-RG652-KKB.jpg

My pride and joy - 1978 Musician

Pups were microphonic when I bought it in 2008, so I made a custom pick guard to hold a SD Jazz (neck) and a pearly gates (bridge)

Then my other Ibanez - am156q from 2017

IMG_8340.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8338.jpeg
    IMG_8338.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3837.jpeg
    IMG_3837.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3838.jpeg
    IMG_3838.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3836.jpeg
    IMG_3836.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
It‘s a personal taste. I like the necks.
Agree, and that's why I said "I wish" ;)
Me too. I never liked the thin Ibanez necks but the AZ’s are good.
Definitely a personal preference.

I played almost nothing but Ibanez Wizard necks for almost 30 years and loved them.

However, today I think the neck on the Charvel DK-24 is the best ever! And the Anderson Even C -.20" is a very close second.

Put a JS neck on the AZ line and I’d order one immediately.

The JS is a supremely comfortable neck to play, agreed 100%. Had a JS1000 as my only guitar for a good 10+ years but as perhaps can be seen from the above picture, converted over to an RG a while back.

Back
Top Bottom