Show us your Packed preset!!

nicolasrivera

Fractal Fanatic
So we have about 3 to 5% more DSP power optimization, design a preset that pushes your AX8 to the limits!

This is what i got.

29650333962_46792d7dc2_o.jpg

How about your most versatile preset?

I think,I am almost done with the routing for this one.

Screenshot 2016-09-18 21.07.58.png

It will feature five scenes (Acoustic Sim, Pristine Clean, Little Wing dirt, AC/DC dirt, Velvet Revolver Dirt - The Acoustic sim, and the dirts will all have their own cab). The EQs and the filter block are all there to make gapless switching between the five scenes

I am still working a bit on the routing for the FX. Comp, delay and reverb are easy as pie. But I want the phaser and the Chorus to both be turned on by CS1, and then I want to use my Mission SP1 to fade between the chorus and the phaser. The trouble starts, when I want to engage the wah with the toe switch on my SP1 - In that case, I need the chorus and phaser to be turned off as well - preferably automatically - I am still working on that part.

Maybe the toe switch can control the mix or another parameters of the blocks :D
I don't know the trick to improve gapeless with filter or eq

I think I will end up setting the toe switch to control the depth on both phaser and chorus. I already have the pedal itself controlling the mix.

The EQs will basically boost or cut the signal going into the amp. With a little EQing in the same blocks, one can really shape the sound of the amp. Using the FAS HotRod, all my sounds will be in Marshall territory, but can go from cleanish to screamish. (I have one EQ/vol block for each scene also for routing purposes - only one will be on in each scene).

EDIT: Here is the latest incarnation
Screenshot 2016-09-18 21.51.21.png
This is scene 1, which will be the acoustic sim. The engaged GEQ block sends signal only thru the left channel, so it will only use the Acoustic sim cab-file. Scene 3 will use the OH IR.

holy moly! that's a lot of stuff! the most ever possible i'm sure. sheesh, the devs have their work cut out for them now to never come back from this much CPU allowance :eek:

i'm saying the following without any inside knowledge or anything, but honestly i would prepare that in the future, that many things may not be possible. we all know that we want more this and more that in the future Firmware, and that usually has to come with some cost. so maybe the future firmware will always allow that much stuff, but maybe, just maybe, it won't.

again, zero knowledge of anything in the future, but go easy on the devs if the limit is reduced in the future!:D

I think I will end up setting the toe switch to control the depth on both phaser and chorus. I already have the pedal itself controlling the mix.

The EQs will basically boost or cut the signal going into the amp. With a little EQing in the same blocks, one can really shape the sound of the amp. Using the FAS HotRod, all my sounds will be in Marshall territory, but can go from cleanish to screamish. (I have one EQ/vol block for each scene also for routing purposes - only one will be on in each scene).

EDIT: Here is the latest incarnation
View attachment 35060
This is scene 1, which will be the acoustic sim. The engaged GEQ block sends signal only thru the left channel, so it will only use the Acoustic sim cab-file. Scene 3 will use the OH IR.
This part just looks hilarious
upload_2016-9-18_15-18-17.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-9-18_15-17-57.png
    upload_2016-9-18_15-17-57.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 15
This part just looks hilarious
View attachment 35070

I completely agree - If only we had five rows, it would look much more neat. It is basically just one block for each scene pre-shaping the tone, before it hits the amp block. I could have done the same using just two filter blocks in series and using their x/y states, but I thought (and still think), I might need a bit more EQ capability than just a filter. If you look closely, the output of the phaser block goes to the input of each of the EQ/vol blocks, and all outputs of the EQ/vol blocks go the input of the amp block.

If you think this is messy, you should see some of the real world electronics I do :D

How about your most versatile preset?

I think,I am almost done with the routing for this one.

View attachment 35058

It will feature five scenes (Acoustic Sim, Pristine Clean, Little Wing dirt, AC/DC dirt, Velvet Revolver Dirt - The Acoustic sim, and the dirts will all have their own cab). The EQs and the filter block are all there to make gapless switching between the five scenes

I am still working a bit on the routing for the FX. Comp, delay and reverb are easy as pie. But I want the phaser and the Chorus to both be turned on by CS1, and then I want to use my Mission SP1 to fade between the chorus and the phaser. The trouble starts, when I want to engage the wah with the toe switch on my SP1 - In that case, I need the chorus and phaser to be turned off as well - preferably automatically - I am still working on that part.
This sounds like a load of fun (and time). Godd job. can't wait to see / hear a demo when you've perfected it.

Yeah - I plan to make a video, when it's done. Last night, I think I got most of the routing down, but the sounds are not ready at all - But hey, that's the fun part - Thinking about routing just makes my head spin (in a good way, I love a challenge).

Yeah - I plan to make a video, when it's done. Last night, I think I got most of the routing down, but the sounds are not ready at all - But hey, that's the fun part - Thinking about routing just makes my head spin (in a good way, I love a challenge).
Reminds me of my rack glory days when I had the Switchblade matrix thingy - except it was all done with cables.

So many cables.

some of you guys are in the red on CPU usage ......................I wouldn't get a warm and fuzzy.......

Back
Top Bottom