Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Greetings,

Here's what I'm running at the moment:

View attachment 33149

I haven't had a chance to clean up any of the cabling yet (including some of the older cables I'm not actively using now), so I'm sure it will eventually look at least a little cleaner.

For those who may wonder what all the pedals are for (left to right):
  1. guitar synth volume
  2. piezo pickup volume
  3. electric guitar input volume
  4. programmable expression pedal to be used for various preset-specific functions in the AX8
  5. expression pedal controlling master output level (output 1) of the AX8
Volume pedals 1 & 2 are functionally only used for on/off, but 3 is used for volume swells as well as muting my electric guitar entirely (the latter for switching guitars or when I only want the piezo and/or guitar synth playing from my Godin xtSA).

Cheers,

Alan
Not quite sure you have enough expression pedals. :)

Greetings,

Here's what I'm running at the moment:

View attachment 33149

I haven't had a chance to clean up any of the cabling yet (including some of the older cables I'm not actively using now), so I'm sure it will eventually look at least a little cleaner.

For those who may wonder what all the pedals are for (left to right):
  1. guitar synth volume
  2. piezo pickup volume
  3. electric guitar input volume
  4. programmable expression pedal to be used for various preset-specific functions in the AX8
  5. expression pedal controlling master output level (output 1) of the AX8
Volume pedals 1 & 2 are functionally only used for on/off, but 3 is used for volume swells as well as muting my electric guitar entirely (the latter for switching guitars or when I only want the piezo and/or guitar synth playing from my Godin xtSA).

Cheers,

Alan
That is a boat load of expression / volume pedals :eek:

Great gig tonight! This board is used for my FX8 also which is why the panel has so many jacks! When I use it with my AX8 I can power 2 CLRs and feed their inputs from the panel. I have a custom snake for when I use it with my FX8. Sound man was so excited to see me show up without an amp that he ran me in stereo! Hopefully I will get my KickTags in soon but I ran a simple rig tonight with some pedals in stomp box mode so the footswitch display on the LED worked fine.

IMG_6133[1].JPG
IMG_6134[1].JPG

Last edited:
It really did work out extremely well. I tweaked the Matchless preset from Fremen (plug: his AX8 preset bundle is a must to get up and running quick with this thing) added another drive (Fuzz) a wah and a rotary effect (speed controlled with an exp pedal) and eliminated the reverb and PEQ, set the output 1 vol to noon and was done!

It is a Duo 34 cut down to 26.25"....they offer custom sizes and cut it to my specs at no extra charge.

I use a Mono soft case. Don't have a pic right now since I am out of town.

I got the TRS cables from Amazon about 6 years ago. I'm not sure of the brand (they were dirt cheap).
How long did it take to get the custom size? I ordered one last night.

This is still very much a work in progress, but I made a lot of progress this weekend after picking up my new board :)

Has anybody made any junction boxes that are board mounted? I'd love to see some pics for ideas.
I'm thinking a small box with Powercon input and 2 x XLR outputs would be all I would need.
(Will use the input to the 'drop' pedal as the guitar input)

IMAG0723.jpg

My board

upload_2016-6-13_7-58-25-png.33197

Attachments

• upload_2016-6-13_7-58-25.png
    upload_2016-6-13_7-58-25.png
    929.3 KB · Views: 555
Last edited:
This is what I call "have your cake and eat it to..."
Ax8%20Pedalboard.JPG

I use the Gordius as follows:
- The first pedal on the right is directly connected to the Ax8 and is for Wah
- the last pedal is for volume control. i use variables in the Gordius to set the Lead Boost. this way I can change the boost for when playing with a trio or more.
- Switch 12-2-3 are functions for the left pedal (Whammy, Octaver, Delay Mix,...)
- Switches 4-7 are song preset switches
- Switch 8 is Up
- Switch 9 is Down
- Switch 10 is "Enter" - this selects the preset for the song on the Gordius and sends appropriate parameters for tempo, harmonizer settings...

I can use scenes on the Ax8 and switch blocks on/off on the fly if I choose to do so

How long did it take to get the custom size? I ordered one last night.

About a week.

I used 4 of their large sticky pads for the AX8.
I used one small and one medium on each expression pedal.

If I may.....attach the pads to the board first and then peel off the adhesive cover and attach the AX8 to the pads....much simpler.

PM me if you need the short screws to replace the rubber feet. I have extras(correct size) I can mail them to you.

The M80 pro would give u about 6" in width for other junk.

I bought a PedalTrain Novo 32 with hard case....and it turns out the board with the AX8 on it won't allow the lid to close. Pedaltrain listed their EXTERNAL dimensions only on the web site, but didn't specify that they were external. Who cares about external dimensions of a hard case??? DOH!!! So if anyone wants a brand new hard case, hit me up! :)

I've been looking at the M80 Pro as one potential solution. Internal height on the Pro is listed at 5", but I contacted Mono support and they said it would probably work anyway. I'm a little scared to try it and have yet another useless case. Darn grab bar!

I bought a PedalTrain Novo 32 with hard case....and it turns out the board with the AX8 on it won't allow the lid to close. Pedaltrain listed their EXTERNAL dimensions only on the web site, but didn't specify that they were external. Who cares about external dimensions of a hard case??? DOH!!! So if anyone wants a brand new hard case, hit me up! :)

I've been looking at the M80 Pro as one potential solution. Internal height on the Pro is listed at 5", but I contacted Mono support and they said it would probably work anyway. I'm a little scared to try it and have yet another useless case. Darn grab bar!
Messaged

Back
Top Bottom