Show name of preset with BankStyle None

Gizmo

Inspired
One feature I like when using my POD XT or X3 as a midi controller is that when I go up or down to the next bank, it shows the preset name and then lets me select it before it switches. Example - the X3 floor board is setup for 4 presets (A,B,C,D) per bank. I'm playing preset 1C and want to switch to a different bank. I know that the sound I want is either at 2C, 3C, or 4C, but I can't remember which one. When I press up to go to the next bank, the preset name will show (flashing) and won't switch unless I press the button again.

This is what BankStyle None seems to do to, but it only show the bank #, not the preset name. Now I know this isn't quite fair 'cause the X3 is not getting the preset names from the Axe-Fx. Those have been manually programmed in. I just wish there was a way that the MFC could get the preset name info from the Axe-Fx without having to actually switch to that preset.

Does this make any sense? I find it very helpful when playing live and I need to switch to a patch that is several banks away. I can still do this with the current setup, but it would be nice if a preset name was shown, too.

Back
Top Bottom