Show Available Devices

grape

Experienced
Show Available Devices doesn't work for me. I have ermm... many AxeFX's connected via USB to a Mac with the latest OS, latest AxeEdit, drivers, and FW. This feature has never worked for me but would help greatly if it did.

I assume it's not commonly used b/c it's for users with multiple Axes... is it possibly not tested on a Mac?

Without this, I need to keep switching the midi in/out ports to switch among devices but that leads to all sorts of other bugs and can't be done reliably without making the change and then restarting the application.

Show Available Devices doesn't work for me. I have ermm... many AxeFX's connected via USB to a Mac with the latest OS, latest AxeEdit, drivers, and FW. This feature has never worked for me but would help greatly if it did.

I assume it's not commonly used b/c it's for users with multiple Axes... is it possibly not tested on a Mac?

Without this, I need to keep switching the midi in/out ports to switch among devices but that leads to all sorts of other bugs and can't be done reliably without making the change and then restarting the application.

ScreenShot-Show available devices.png

It does work on my iMac.

macOS Sierra 10.12.5
AxeFx II MKII via USB
Quantum 9.00 Release
Axe-Edit 3.14.3

Scanning and pinging are not a problem.
I have to say, that only one AxeFx is connected to the Mac.
But that shouldn't make a difference, so I think.

Regards
Mike

I tried changing midi ports as well and like grape said its buggy. In the midi in/out settings in axe edit i see two instances of AXE II but in trying to alternate between them it fails and only latches on to one of them. As a side note i do not see anythings in the settings for "show available devices"

I just read the release notes for Axe Edit 3.14.3 I see that it is a new utility under tools. Unfortunately, I cant get that update to take. I've tried installing it several times and says that it is installed but when i reopen axe edit, I'm still on 3.1.4 and it prompts me to download the update once again. I'll open a new thread

Mine still doesn't work. I'm on the latest everything.
AxeEdit 3.14.3
FW 9.0.1
High Sierra
MacBook Pro (usb-c)
AxeFX II XL+ (several)
AxeFX II XL (one)

I'm thinking this might have something to do with usb-c. I tried via different hubs (usb-3.0, usb-2) as well as direct via different cables. No combination results in even a single Axe showing in that dialog.

I was able to run multiple instances of AxeEdit by updating CHECK_FOR_UPDATE to 1 in ~/Library/Application Support/Fractal Audio/Axe-Edit/Axe-Edit.settings. So you can open any number of them but have to open one, update the in/out settings, quit, start it again, leave it running, and then do the same for the next instance... every time... b/c there's only one Axe-Edit.settings file that they all share. I don't know how to create multiple instances that have their own settings file like you can under Windows.

I'd prefer to run multiple instances but would settle for switching using the "Show Available Devices" dialog - but I'm assuming if you have Axe's on different firmwares, it will result in rescanning every time you switch would render this nearly useless.

Can someone from Fractal respond?

Back
Top Bottom