Should we have to "sign" the release notes before being able to DL them ?

Why put so much energy into something so discriminatory? This certainly doesn't help human flourishing, does it? Consider of the ratio of your inconvenience against someone else's pleasure.

Sure, man, whatever you say, I'll sign anything! Just give me the juice! Give me my new firmware, now! I NEED IT! I'll sign anything!!!!

Funny thing is, and I know this in not the "proper" sequence... but I've caught myself a couple of times going ahead with the update, and reading the Release Notes while I'm waiting for it load...... :shock:stupid::eek:ops

a read-board is actually a good idea. In the military and in flying there is a standardized read-and-initial board that ensures that before going out to fly everyone involved in that flight are aware of any changes that may affect the flight from a mission or safety perspective. The thing about software updates is that it's easy to blow off the read-me and then users get pissy when they are surprised by those very same changes.

Don't know how you'd implement it here without hurting anyone's feelings since people are oh-so-frickin'-sensitive in 2015.

Really?

Apart from being able to add "...or did you just tick the box at the bottom?" to the end of whatever version of "RTFM" precedes it, i can see absolutely no merit nor point to the OP suggestion.

Carl

^This. An honest effort should be made. But there's no way to keep up on it all. A little patience goes a long way. If you can't muster the patience to answer something you think someone else should already know, move along.

Honest effort such as trying to find the answer themselves, reading the release notes etc, and still not being quite sure about something...by all means ask away, people should be glad to help

But..... what about those that don't make an honest effort, or any effort at all ? What about those who's only means of helping themselves is to go right to asking/expecting someone else to help them ?

Do they deserve the same patience as someone who tried to help themselves ?

What about those who did try, and who do not get the attention they deserve, because people have lost patience helping so many other people that day who didn't even try ?

I feel like this forum used to be all discussions about the Axe and related topics, and anymore it largely just seems to feel more like a "help desk"....

I'm not sure what's more annoying -- people who don't read the release notes/FAQ/manuals, or the people who complain about them. The world doesn't work exactly the way you want it to, and you can't legislate it to the Nth degree until you are personally satisfied. More hoops to jump through to download a piece of firmware is not going to solve anything.

And really, it's not our problem to solve anyway. Even if it is a problem to start with, which is debatable.

I don't understand why people are so upset by this. You are not responsible for someone's choices to read or not read a specific piece of documentation. They don't have to read it. And you should feel empowered knowing that you don't have to read their thread about a question that's answered in the release notes. Simply don't click it.

From what I've seen, I don't think fractal support is openly complaining. This is a very complex piece of kit, and supporting a product like this can be difficult and frustrating. But that's part of the business, folks. Not everyone is going to RTFM or search a forum.

I'm not sure what's more annoying -- people who don't read the release notes/FAQ/manuals, or the people who complain about them. The world doesn't work exactly the way you want it to, and you can't legislate it to the Nth degree until you are personally satisfied. More hoops to jump through to download a piece of firmware is not going to solve anything.

And really, it's not our problem to solve anyway. Even if it is a problem to start with, which is debatable.

I don't understand why people are so upset by this. You are not responsible for someone's choices to read or not read a specific piece of documentation. They don't have to read it. And you should feel empowered knowing that you don't have to read their thread about a question that's answered in the release notes. Simply don't click it.

From what I've seen, I don't think fractal support is openly complaining. This is a very complex piece of kit, and supporting a product like this can be difficult and frustrating. But that's part of the business, folks. Not everyone is going to RTFM or search a forum.

Ahhh...geeesss, did you feel spoken to? ;)

Given the sheer number of users who keep having "issues" with things that are clearly stated in the release notes; such as the USB return levels settings, might it be a good idea to require folks to actually read through the release notes before they are allowed to download the latest firmware ?

Click on the link for the FW and another page pops up with the release notes and you then have to check off a box at the bottom of the page that says you've read them, and then after doing so, your allowed to DL the firmware ?

It seems that 9 times out of 10 peoples problems are simply that they didn't read the release notes....so, maybe requiring people to glance over them could help ? Not just the end users, but also reduce the number of repetitive post about the same issues over and over ?

if we follow this a little bit further, 90% of us shouldn't even be allowed to own an axe-fx, myself included...

I think you should take an 8 week course, write a 10 page paper, and sign a waiver. To test out, each owner must describe the function, common uses and settings for any parameter of Cliff's choosing. Re-testing required every month.

What i don't get is why people who get annoyed by someone's post/question feel compelled to post a nasty reply instead of just ignoring the thread or posting a helpful answer.
I sometimes know the answer to a question, but being that i log to the forum mostly on my phone i get too lazy to type much (knowing Chris or Cliff will chip in soon).

I've also lived most of my life in the pre-internet age so i don't feel entitled to easy answers, i go for the autodidactic approach, research and trial and error.

How bout every time somebody confirms that they have read the notes, an email is sent to the OP before being able to DL? :^)

Back
Top Bottom