Should I upgrade to 17.02? Currently 16.05

Hi All,

I currently have a mk1 w/ 16.05 with no issues.

I've read that upgrading firmware "might" require tweaking my current presets, but they sound so good, I'd rather not take a chance.

I've read the fixes and enhancements most of which are in 17.01, and I've also read through some of the issues when 17.00 was release.

I "usually" don't upgrade unless it fixes an issues I have, but in this case, I'm not sure if I'm missing a whole lot going to 17.02.

Not sure if I should or shouldn't upgrade just because it's available.

dinky

I'm on 17.01 beta 8, and it was Leon's video about the new multitap delays that made me want to upgrade. I'm also in the camp of 'If-it-ain't-broke', but those delay sounds were so enticing, I hadda do it!
As for the 17.02 enhancements, I'm ok where I'm at for now.
Check the release notes of the past updates, and check Leon's video collection, since he usually does one that coincides with a FW update, that shows you the new goodies in action.
If you don't want to jump all the way to the most recent update, there's a place where you can get just the FW version you want (although I don't have the link at my fingertips at the moment. It should be easy enough to search for however.)
Edit: Here it is. https://archive.axefx.fr/AxeFX III/

Hi @dinkyguitar
I remember having the same thoughts ten years ago.I would have missed so much , had I done that! IMHO, having to upgrade is part of the 'deal' when using digital products. You may be happy now, and upgrading might need you to tweak your presets, however if, in a year or so when a new effect or feature you need and want is added, it's possible your upgrade will take much more work.
Also, being Fractal, it's very very rare that an update regresses the sound in some way. One more thing... As long as you backup before, If you don't like it, or want to come back to it, restore!

Thanks
Pauly

Hi All,

I currently have a mk1 w/ 16.05 with no issues.

I've read that upgrading firmware "might" require tweaking my current presets, but they sound so good, I'd rather not take a chance.

I've read the fixes and enhancements most of which are in 17.01, and I've also read through some of the issues when 17.00 was release.

I "usually" don't upgrade unless it fixes an issues I have, but in this case, I'm not sure if I'm missing a whole lot going to 17.02.

Not sure if I should or shouldn't upgrade just because it's available.

dinky

You can always backup your presets and downgrade again if it's too much of an issue. The upgrade won't change the sound that much and ruin your presets.

Back
Top Bottom