should I sell my mackie hd 1221?

RyanVegas

I kind want to get a power amp and a passive cab versus going into p.a systems at bars and local venues considering the quality wont be in my control it sill be in the sound guys control so I wouldent trust that unless I was in a big touring band and had a tech.

So im just going to probably sell my mackie that I was going to use as a self monitor.

I assume the most reliable and best bang for your buck is the matrix gt800fx?
And probably 2 2x12 zilla cabs . I play an 8 string and djenty/ hardcore stuff.

Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks

It depends on your $$ situation... If you have money to burn, then sell it and get what you want.

But, you already own a cab that's PAID for... If it sounds good to YOU, I'd keep it... To me, powered cabs are much easier and more compact to deal with... Not having to haul around an amplifier is one less thing to worry about... Less connections, less weight... But that is only MY thoughts... Do what you feels right for YOU...

It sounds like you want to run with a backline instead of going to FOH. That's a separate issue from the FRFR-vs-traditional-cab question. That question can only be answered by your own ears and budget. :)

Does anyone near you have any of the kit that you are interested in trying together ?
As Rex says, they only person that can know if you will be happy with a given setup is yourself.
I suggest finding a way to try whichever combination appeals to you and see if it makes you happy.

Best regards
Matt

Back
Top Bottom