Should I keep my nearfield's or....?

retro_dad

Experienced
Howdy all. I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of my Axe-Fx 2 and I'm wondering what the more experienced users have found. I currently have two KRK Rokit 5's (leftover from a failed flirtation with an HD500 a few years ago) and I'm wondering if I should just keep them, or should I sell them and pick up an entry level powered monitor. I'm on a bit of a budget, having just purchased the AF2 and a new guitar in the same week. I've been looking at the Alto TS10 or 12's as a starting point. I'm only a living room rocker right now, so these don't need to be super loud or rugged as they are not leaving my home any time soon. What say the experienced members of the community?

The KRK's should be fine for now but the Altos would be a step up if you wanted to rock it louder and not destroy your KRK's. I haven't been doing any gigging this past few years so I'm still only working with M-Audio Bx8a's until I can step to a pair of CLR's in the near future, God willing and the economy don't crash :mrgreen.

Back
Top Bottom