Should I go Matrix?

deakle

Experienced
I am currently using a Carvin DCM1540L with my Axe FX II and I am happy with it. But I read all the posts on here about the Matrix amps (both the 800 and 1000) and wonder if I may have missed the boat. Can anyone tell me if they may have tried a Carvin either a 1540 like mine or similar, and a Matrix and their thoughts on both? Also, what are your thoughts/opinions (pardon me if I am being redundant) on selling the Carvin and moving on to a Matrix GT1000?

I had a Carvin 1540L and it was great. More power than my Matrix GT1000 although both have way more than enough.
My GT1000 is a 1U compared to the 1540L was a 2U. If it's bought and paid for I would run the Carvin.
You are not going to hear that big of a difference. IMHO

Deakle, why not? I believe that if you don't like it, Matrix are more than happy for you to send it back for a full refund.

If you like what you have now, stick with it.
I once had a friend who every week tore appart his bike, just to see why it drove good.
It did not make it drive better :)

I use a cheap $350 Behringer EPQ2000 into various speakers, and the patches I've made with a Pair of Atomic CLR active wedges translate perfectly, depending on the speaker used.

I just got my 1540l about 2 months ago. I love the amp. Its so powerful and is light despite the 2u size. my 1u ART SLA2 is heavier.

Since v15 on the Axe I can't fault the Axe/Matrix combo, it sounds/feels/plays amazing!

I did own a Carvin but they sent me the wrong model and I ended up with a dcm2000l (or something). Either way it wasn't as good as the Matrix so I sent it back.

I doubt that helps you at all. Defo see if you can get to try them both, ideally side-by-side.

Back
Top Bottom