Shopping for a new processor for acoustic

Nero

Inspired
Hey guys, i've been doing acoustic gigs with my AX8 and it works great, however i feel like it's overkill and i want to get something smaller as often times i'm in small areas where i have to put the AX8 behind me or lean it on a wall plus i would rather have a much smaller bag for these gigs.

I've been shopping for a new guitar as well and i want the Martin LX1E for portability and because as an electric player, large guitars feel unconfortable for me to play, currently i have a jumbo Carvin acoustic.

With that in mind there are 2 units i like, the Boss AD-10 and the GP-10, the AD-10 is the acoustic preamp they have and what i like about it most is that it has the EQ knobs right there like the AX8 so i can easily EQ my guitar, it's made for acoustic and has reverb also has a looper.

I like the GP-10 because it would give me the sound of a 12 string, bass and allow me to change tunings and it has more effects, plus i can even emulate an electric, a friend of mine has a GR-55 and plays it with electric guitars and the acoustic simulation is pretty good, in my case i want to use the direct guitar sound on the acoustic guitar along with these simulations.

I'm trying to decide which one to go with, if you had to pick between the 2 for an acoustic gig which one would you pick and why?

woudl you go with the simplet & straight forward nature of the AD-10 or with the more exciting sounds from the GP-10 and possibilities of the GP-10?

Also it's worth to mention that the AD-10 is cheaper and has a looper while the GP-10 cost more and doesn't have a looper which makes it cost more but i'm willing to spend a bit more for the more exciting sounds of the GP-10, also the GP-10 would require me to instal the 13pin pickup on the guitar which i also don't mind.

Thanks for suggestions guys, i ended up going with the GP-10 seems like a fun little unit.

Back
Top Bottom