Shootout.fm - the ultimate source to tone match your pedals!

Its interesting but I wouldn't say perfect. The sound samples are of the pedals played through an amp, right? So if you wanted to to a proper tone match of the pedal, You don't want to capture the amp tone.

What I would do if I wanted to tone match a drive pedal the axe doesn't have is start with their (say) TS808 pedal sample, and tone match it to the pedal of your choice. Then in the Axe-fx create a patch with a TS808 drive block and put the tone match next to it

I like the idea, but I think it is missing a few things. A big one is they should have a reference tone of the amp so you can hear how the amp is setup first, we have no idea how the amp is colouring the sound of the pedal.

Also, would be very good to see the settings on the pedals for the sounds (Gain, Volume, Tone etc).

I'd like to see them do something like this for different speakers in different cabs actually. :)

Its interesting but I wouldn't say perfect. The sound samples are of the pedals played through an amp, right? So if you wanted to to a proper tone match of the pedal, You don't want to capture the amp tone.

What I would do if I wanted to tone match a drive pedal the axe doesn't have is start with their (say) TS808 pedal sample, and tone match it to the pedal of your choice. Then in the Axe-fx create a patch with a TS808 drive block and put the tone match next to it

Good point made here. Of course it isn't perfect for drive pedals, but for modulation effects it's good enough of a source. But it's a good start though!

Back
Top Bottom