Shiva help

stm113

Power User
I need some help dialing in the Shiva. Its the amp I want to use for 2 reasons.
1-I played through one about 4 years ago in a boutique amp shop and almost bought it right then &, there, if it wasn't going out of town on vacation (then bills kicked in after that) it was to me the perfect tone.

2- The guitar tone on Double Drive's 1000 Yard Stare album to me is nearly perfect. I contacted the guitarist about that tone & he told me he used a Bogner Shiva solely on that album.

I know since the Double Drive album was recorded in '99 the Shiva on that album isn't the same version that we have in the A2 but the one I played back in '10 was the white anniversary edition with KT88's.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a good warm & crisp modern hard rock tone out of this model? I know it can be done, I just cant figure it out :(

I need some help dialing in the Shiva. Its the amp I want to use for 2 reasons.
1-I played through one about 4 years ago in a boutique amp shop and almost bought it right then &, there, if it wasn't going out of town on vacation (then bills kicked in after that) it was to me the perfect tone.

2- The guitar tone on Double Drive's 1000 Yard Stare album to me is nearly perfect. I contacted the guitarist about that tone & he told me he used a Bogner Shiva solely on that album.

I know since the Double Drive album was recorded in '99 the Shiva on that album isn't the same version that we have in the A2 but the one I played back in '10 was the white anniversary edition with KT88's.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a good warm & crisp modern hard rock tone out of this model? I know it can be done, I just cant figure it out :(

Yep...some great tone on that album. What did he use on "Blue in the Face"? Too bad they broke up, I liked that band. I would think the Shiva would sound great with minimal tweaking. It was one of my go to's with the Standard. Haven't spent much time with it on the II.

You know I didnt ask Troy what he used on Blue In The Face. I used to talk to the guy all the time when he played in a regional band called Still Rain in the mid 90's back thwn he used one of those blue Marshall 30th Anniversary heads which he used with the Shiva on the Double Drive tours. He can old me he still has that Shiva to this day.

FWIW I think he's using Orange amps w/Evanesence.

I thought for sure when I put the name of the band Double Drive in the thread no one would know who the hell I was talking about. It's great to see someone else up there nose and appreciates such a great underrated band.if you ever get a chance check out the band he came from before Cold Still Rain they were out of fayetteville north carolina, the members of that band included Troy and Donnie of Double Drive, Clint Lowery of SevvenDust, his brother Corey Lowery (who has been in a ton of bands) & the drummer Bevan Davies who's played with Jerry Cantrell, Glenn Danzig and others.

Back
Top Bottom