Shipping to an APO?

Wes37

Inspired
Howdy all!

I'm in the military and am about to move to Germany. I'll have an APO box over there (overseas PO Box serviced by USPS or the military for the USPS), but will Fractual Audio ship to an APO? I think it might require shipping via USPS.

If not I can always send it to a relative here in the states and have them forward it, but that would add time and extra shipping costs.

If Fractual does not, but a stateside retailer does, please chime in. Also, I wouldn't want to use an APO forwarding service (a company that gives a US address and forwards to APOs for a fee).

Thanks in advance!
Wes

Hi Wes! Nice to see you at this side of the fence! Keep in mind that if you do that you'll have to pay around 22% Import Duties and VAT in to Germany, actually it could be as high as 30% (you have different level of taxation depending on the value of the goods). If you take it with you as personal belonging you don't need to pay anything (as a militar), unless you sell it locally (in that case you're going to get taxed as soon as you leave the country without it). If you can get it shipped over using some militar transport service it would be the best (skipping customs), but I would ask before, there is always some limitation in value and/or items. I used to be in the military (Italy) and was deployed offshore: everytime was some new funny rule popping up...

Thank you for your service! I'm exempt from the VAT, and not sure it would even pop up via the APO, though German Customs has the right to inspect/question each shipment. If I buy it for my use, I'm exempt.

Based on the clips, not sure I'd ever sell. :0)

Was in the army for a lot of years myself. In Germany for 6 years. As long as nothing has changed shipping to an apo is no different then shipping to any other stateside address.

If you buy from Fractal direct there is no VAT or customs fee incurred. APO actually is a post office physically located in NY and the military airlifts it to the overseas location. Usually adds a day to delivery times.

You do need to have a customs form filled out though.

And I did 10 years in Germany and had tons of stuff delivered APO.

Just to add a sense of finality to this thread. I ordered my Ultra in 08' and had it sent to an APO in Japan. For your sake, I would email customer service and make sure nothing has changed.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom