SHIMMER

goku8586

I saw some posts about finding a shimmer effect. There is a nice shimmer preset called "shimmer taps". It's in bank "B" preset number 3.
I'm not an expert on the shimmer effect but it sounds pretty excellent. I changed the delay to the TC2290 with mod and came up with
a nice warm tone. I'm a big U2 fan so I dialed in the delay to match the "All I want is you". Sounds great try it out.

Thanks for sharing Gok
I'll check it out - just out of interest!

Pauly

I saw some posts about finding a shimmer effect. There is a nice shimmer preset called "shimmer taps". It's in bank "B" preset number 3.
I'm not an expert on the shimmer effect but it sounds pretty excellent. I changed the delay to the TC2290 with mod and came up with
a nice warm tone. I'm a big U2 fan so I dialed in the delay to match the "All I want is you". Sounds great try it out.

how about posting the patch ? :encouragement:

Shimmer is an octave up pitch shift + a multiple delay of some kind with a generous amount of feedback + a spacious reverb. If there isn't an exact preset that does it, you can create your own.

I tried to record a good clip of the preset called "shimmer taps" but I couldn't get a decent recording. It is a fantastic preset though. I am playing a 70's reissue strat
with Kinman wood stock pups into a modified Vox AC15. My AC15 has a Badcat custom Celestion and custom tubes by PM tubes. If you are a U2 fan this shimmer is
awesome. I changed the delay to the TC2290 with mod at 464ms and 30% feedback and left the other blocks the same. Try it out! Bank "B" preset "3"

I tried to record a good clip of the preset called "shimmer taps" but I couldn't get a decent recording. It is a fantastic preset though. I am playing a 70's reissue strat
with Kinman wood stock pups into a modified Vox AC15. My AC15 has a Badcat custom Celestion and custom tubes by PM tubes. If you are a U2 fan this shimmer is
awesome. I changed the delay to the TC2290 with mod at 464ms and 30% feedback and left the other blocks the same. Try it out! Bank "B" preset "3"

Are you able to post the preset? I deleted most of the presets when I was building presets for my band and the 50 tunes we do.

Cool...I'll check it out. Have you used an exp pedal with it yet?

Are you able to post the preset? I deleted most of the presets when I was building presets for my band and the 50 tunes we do.

These are the blocks, I preferred the TC 2290 but you can change it to your favorite delay. Good luck!
Comp/Dynmc: studio comp
Delay:TC 2290 w/mod dotted 1/8th
Multildelay:plexshift
Reverb:large cathedral

how about posting the patch ? :encouragement:

These are the blocks, I preferred the TC 2290 but you can change it to your favorite delay. Good luck!
Comp/Dynmc: studio comp
Delay:TC 2290 w/mod dotted 1/8th
Multildelay:plexshift
Reverb:large cathedral

Back
Top Bottom