Shawn Lane Get You Back

MattBowman

FAS Social Media Advocate
I heard someone on instagram get really close to Shawn's tone on this song, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I modified a preset I had found a while back(Holdsy) and started turning knobs till I found something close. I haven't heard a Shawn Lane tone on the Axe that sounded close before, so here's my first attempt. Using the latest 7.01 firmware on my Axe FxII, 2 OH cabs(i'll include a screenshot of them) and using my Suhr Modern. Backing track is from youtube and I only did like a minute of the song as I've never actually learned it before haha. Let me know what you think and please tweak away to get even closer to his tone!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 2.17.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 2.17.34 PM.png
    270.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Shawn Lane Get you back.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 13
I heard someone on instagram get really close to Shawn's tone on this song, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I modified a preset I had found a while back(Holdsy) and started turning knobs till I found something close. I haven't heard a Shawn Lane tone on the Axe that sounded close before, so here's my first attempt. Using the latest 7.01 firmware on my Axe FxII, 2 OH cabs(i'll include a screenshot of them) and using my Suhr Modern. Backing track is from youtube and I only did like a minute of the song as I've never actually learned it before haha. Let me know what you think and please tweak away to get even closer to his tone!

I just went to listen to it on YouTube and was lucky enough that it was the first track. The gain is way more tame like @B:ASSMASTER noted. I bet the new Optical Compressor in front of that tone would get you close in a hurry!

I just went to listen to it on YouTube and was lucky enough that it was the first track. The gain is way more tame like @B:ASSMASTER noted. I bet the new Optical Compressor in front of that tone would get you close in a hurry!

I threw one of the optical compressors in front, default settings and dropped the gain to 2 on the amp. Also took out some more of the highs

Back
Top Bottom