Sharing exp pedal across block channels and scenes

killerburst

I want to have a preset with a pitch block and wah block first in line.
On scene 1 I have both blocks set to channel A. Channel A pitch block is a 1/2 step down drop tune and toggled by an IA button on my MMGT. Channel A on the wah is out engage cry baby with EXT 1.
On scene 2 I have both blacks set to channel B. Channel B on the pitch block is advanced whammy set to auto engage with EXT 1. Channel B on the wah block is set to no modifier control.
This lets me have one scene where I can use the wah and drop tune a half step if needed. The next scene gives me control over the whammy instead of the wah.
I'm having trouble getting this to work. I set it up so it works on scene 1, then set it up so it works on scene 2, and when I go back to scene 1 the EXT 1 pedal is now toggling the drop tune effect on and off.

I checked the manual and saw that modifiers stick to assigned parameters across channels, so obviously the method I started with is not going to work. Anyone have an alternative method to accomplish the same thing? If not I'll probably just set up duplicate presets with different EXT 1 functions.

Attachments

• IIC+ CHAIN.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
Not according to page 137 in the manual. “The modifiers for a given block will be shared across all of its channels.”
The manual may not agree with reality ;)

This was a somewhat recent change. Trust me, it's there.

I'm sure there are many things in the manual that may not be current with the pace of changes.

The manual may not agree with reality ;)

This was a somewhat recent change. Trust me, it's there.

I'm sure there are many things in the manual that may not be current with the pace of changes.

Interesting. Well, hopefully someone equally as knowledgeable as you will come along and offer some practical guidance on how to achieve my goal.

This is great news. I was able to set the Channels up for different controllers and us the FCB1010 foot pedals for a variety of functionality. Thanks for the tip. Makes a difference for playing live to have more options for the foot controller...thx!

This is great news. I was able to set the Channels up for different controllers and us the FCB1010 foot pedals for a variety of functionality. Thanks for the tip. Makes a difference for playing live to have more options for the foot controller...thx!

How do you get a modifier to behave differently on a per channel basis?

Nevermind. I found it. In case anyone else needs help with this, you can select ALL or any specific channel in Axe Edit or from the top CHANNEL parameter list in the modifier menu on the front panel.

Back
Top Bottom