Shaking the room!!!!

mattseed

Inspired
Hi guys I use my axe FX with a Matrix GT1000 and Matrix Q12A speaker. I have struggled for a while with an odd little problem that I feel daft bringing up.

When I use this rig in my home recording room full of kit, boxes, stands etc etc stuff all over the room buzzes when I play low chunky stuff. I know of course it sounds like too much low end. So I used different adjustments to try and roll off some bottom end but by the time it gets rid it's cutting to far into my tone.

I know this is an odd one but is there a way to reduce this low end problem, if it is just down to eq and filtering what are the best tools to do that in the Axe FXII ?

Thanks fellas
Matt

if your tone needs that low end, then it needs it. low frequencies shake things.

either remove the low end to stop shaking things and your tone suffers, or keep the low end and tape down your boxes :)

i'm just not sure you can reduce low end to your ears, but not to the objects in the room, unless you use headphones or something.

Hi guys I use my axe FX with a Matrix GT1000 and Matrix Q12A speaker. I have struggled for a while with an odd little problem that I feel daft bringing up.

When I use this rig in my home recording room full of kit, boxes, stands etc etc stuff all over the room buzzes when I play low chunky stuff. I know of course it sounds like too much low end. So I used different adjustments to try and roll off some bottom end but by the time it gets rid it's cutting to far into my tone.

I know this is an odd one but is there a way to reduce this low end problem, if it is just down to eq and filtering what are the best tools to do that in the Axe FXII ?

Thanks fellas
Matt

Another solution would be to get a hammer and a big box of nails and nail everything down. Hey presto! No more rattling! :D :D :D

Ha ha.....I knew this would bring out crazy answers. I assure you it's a little odd, I appreciate my question sounds like I know nothing but just to let you know I've been playing guitar for nearly 30 years and in that time had lots of amps. A few inc a Mesa a Boogie stack and an a Orange 50W stack in this same room and they didn't do this to my room......of course they would if you really cracked the volume, but the Axe is doing it even at low volumes. Any clues ?

Thanks fellas
Matt

I have my Q12A speakers on a boxstands to prevend to get to boomy and it works........

I had the same issue but the problem just ended up being my small room. When I cut low end the sound was too thin live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Thanks for the ideas guys. I assure you it's not normal at the volumes I'm playing at. I'll take a look tomoz and see how I get on.

Is the speaker sitting on the floor? What if you put the speaker on something that will isolate it from the floor (such as putting it on a high density pillow so that it isn't touching the floor).

If you turn it up loud enough, long enough eventually all that stuff will shake apart and crumble and voila, problem solved. :eagerness:

Actually raise the volume until the people in your house come in and destroy your set up. No more shaking . Problem solved.
lol
just kidding, use gorilla glue:encouragement:

I lived in a place years ago where the HVAC ductwork would rattle like hell without a whole lot of stimulation. Luckily, most of it was exposed in the basement, so it was easy enough to apply duct tape here and there to hold it in place.

Bass frequency distribution pattern is omni-directional, so the distribution differences between the FRFR and the traditional cab should not play a part in this particular issue.
I'm thinking that closed back cabs are really not that bassy. If you listen to (or record) a traditional cab from a distance, it's quite bright and midrangy - hashy.
But when you close mic. that cab, you get the proximity effect, and the bass boost it provides, and you get that from most of the cab IRs.
Maybe try turning down the 'proximity effect' knob in the cab section.

I run into this as well- it's the nature of things when playing in a less than ideal space, be it a room in your house or whatever. I think BillyZeppa above nailed it as to why this seems more of an issue for you using IR's and the AxeFX vs actual amps in the room, although I guarantee you I could rattle everything in that room with the right amp- a Marshall Major I used to have would do nicely.

Eliminate what you can from the room that is creating rattling or noise and then consider treating your room if you can afford it- bass traps would help. I can't usew them currently in my space due to door placement and space limitations.

Back
Top Bottom