Shadowmind - World Gone Mad (Metalcore, All Axe FX)

Of course, thanks for being cool about it. Some of the best sounds towards the genre and style I'm looking for, awesome. What size string gauge are you using on the guitars? Any global eq settings in the Axe Fx? Also if you don't mind sharing some tips for production in reaper, what kinds of plugins are being used?

This should all sound wicked with my LTD MH1000 with EMG81/85 then :D

Sure! Not using any global EQ on the Axe FX. String gauges are 10-46 + a .62 on the low B. The scale of the RG7420 is of course 25,5". When it comes to reaper production, I always cut a LOT of bass from the guitars so they sound quite thin by themselves, and then record the bass parallel with one DI and one distorted signal, all coming from the Axe FX. Bass tone really is key to good guitar tone. The bass guitar used is an ESP LTD B55 bass with stock pickups. It sounds shockingly much better than my Yamaha 5 string bass. Make sure you put a damn hard limiter and low pass filter on the clean bass tone, so it provides a steady sub bass.

Also, check out all of Voxengo's free VSTs, they are really awesome. Remember to put loads of delay and limiter on the vocals, and put quite much reverb on the snare.

Other than that, try and fail, try again, fail again, try again and make it awesome. Took a lot of attempts on the mixing to get it to sound like this. Check out Ola Englund's tutorials on mixing as well, they are really informative.

And remember to buy the album if you wish to support us :D

Back
Top Bottom