SG Players

A shameful omission for sure tho often I see him with that custom made "tiger" guitar that looks close enough to an SG to qualify as one probably

Pretty sure he's playing an SG on the first Live Dead album, one of the best in the universe.
Coincidence?
You decide ;)

Some of the nicest "SG" blues that I have ever heard. What a beautiful tone. I would and should buy myself an SG to try to mimic this sound. Fat chance...

👍 Def been on my list to spend some serious listening time on the their substantial catalogue.
First Live Dead and Anthem of the Sun, then Workman's Dead and American Beauty, which are a whole different deal, and not an SG.
Those are all you really need from them, and I'm a HUGE fan of all of those.
They're intermittently wonderful elsewhere, but those are the stuff.

Last edited:
We help your business with headstock re-attachment work 🤣
I had a 60s SG way back when, one of the ones with the useless vertical vibrato bar. I was told it once belonged to Clapton, but I never believed it, just loved the guitar.

Someone else dropped it at a jam, and no, didn't break the headstock, but it cracked through the control holes, basically that corner of the guitar came off.

Took it to the repair guy with the best rep in town (Rochester NY), he took a look at my long hair and f'd up the guitar on purpose. It was the usual cherry, he painted that corner sparkle pink-ish red. Asshole. It was still a great guitar for me at the time, played it until I got my L5.

I did have the headstock break off a wonderful 335 though. Fixed by a local guy where we were on the road in Maine, he did a good job.

Back
Top Bottom