SG Junior tale

200man

Power User
Bought this guitar just before the bankruptcy…it came with the “roller” stop bar tailpiece. The intonation was atrocious so I purchased this Schaller Signum chrome intonatable(sp? :) ) stop bar tailpiece:
https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-hardware/all-hardware-and-parts-by-instrument/electric-guitar-parts/electric-guitar-bridges-and-tailpieces/non-trem-electric-guitar-bridges/schaller-signum-bridge/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=CP | MF | BNG | SHOP | NBR | All Products&utm_term=4578572614422309&utm_content=All Products

Then I noticed I needed an allen wrench to move the schaller connection points off a flush connection to the machine screws of the body so…I delivered the guitar to Glaser Instruments in Nashville and told them I wanted the mounting pegs moved back. Well they did a great job and NOW the guitar’s intonation is great and the Schaller is flush with the machine screws and no tone suck. Happy day…thank you Glaser!
7E80F9DC-0E78-4613-AE28-79E416E5D993.jpeg

continuing story….may be a reverse tale compared to @Joe Bfstplk ‘s story.
replaced the p90 with a stock wound fralin hum free p90…i did experiment with the kinman but it just didn’t work for me….but this pickup? It is an excellent pickup…so the journey is complete….no hum…perfectly intonated…this is rock n roll
9C3A4830-F833-4F77-9DBB-252796F2B788.jpeg

The intonation mechanics on the stock bridge must have had a grip of adjustment! That looks to be almost to be a good 1/2" out of where the bridge should have been.

The intonation mechanics on the stock bridge must have had a grip of adjustment! That looks to be almost to be a good 1/2" out of where the bridge should have been.
Yes…ya know? this guitar is one of the most interesting I’ve ever owned…plays exotic jazz chords perfectly in tune, completely rocks out…and when you smack a clean chord it chimes because the bridge is so simple and the p90 is quiet…i think i may start crying here.

continuing story….may be a reverse tale compared to @Joe Bfstplk ‘s story.
replaced the p90 with a stock wound fralin hum free p90…i did experiment with the kinman but it just didn’t work for me….but this pickup? It is an excellent pickup…so the journey is complete….no hum…perfectly intonated…this is rock n roll
View attachment 101302
I have a set of 3 Fralins in my Noventa Jazzmaster. Excellent pickups!

That’s nuts it made it out the factory but good save! Looks like a quality repair job.

I have a Junior, my cheapest guitar, and it is baddass. A Hamer Jr made in Indonesia. Saw it on Craigs and it was cheap and I’m glad I bought it. I don’t always play it but when I drag it out it stays out awhile. Turned me into a P90 fan. This one has beef without losing the sparkle and snarl that P90’s make. My other P90s are SE PRS and Duncan vintage P90s as packaged in the P-rails. I find I’m playing P90 about 75% of my playing time now. The AC20 works really well with P90 pickups. The saturation boost is like a P90 enhancer.

That’s nuts it made it out the factory but good save! Looks like a quality repair job.

I have a Junior, my cheapest guitar, and it is baddass. A Hamer Jr made in Indonesia. Saw it on Craigs and it was cheap and I’m glad I bought it. I don’t always play it but when I drag it out it stays out awhile. Turned me into a P90 fan. This one has beef without losing the sparkle and snarl that P90’s make. My other P90s are SE PRS and Duncan vintage P90s as packaged in the P-rails. I find I’m playing P90 about 75% of my playing time now. The AC20 works really well with P90 pickups. The saturation boost is like a P90 enhancer.
Yes, you know I’m unsure whether it was simply placed to match what they did in 1964? or it was a mistake.
Now onto LP Jrs….they kill…love them! :)
I have not tested this but do the Fractal AC models have this saturation boost?
Have you used your junior with the Axe?

Okay, what is a Noventa Jazzmaster? :)
0404222202_HDR.jpg

0813212335.jpg

Yes, you know I’m unsure whether it was simply placed to match what they did in 1964? or it was a mistake.
Now onto LP Jrs….they kill…love them! :)
I have not tested this but do the Fractal AC models have this saturation boost?
Have you used your junior with the Axe?

Yes with the FM3. I don’t use my real amp much any more. Kinda sad actually. I think the saturation boost works on pretty much anything. I’d have look at the manual but pretty sure it’s a boost with diode clipping. Some real amps had those like the Silver Jubilee Marshalls iirc. Try it out you might like it. The Jrs with just 1 pickup can do a lot.

Hey @Joe Bfstplk I’ve never tried a 3 P90 guitar. Does it get some quack in the 2 and 4 positions? I’m intrigued by this guitar. I’m on a serious P90 love fest lately. On cleaner presets my 2 P90 guitars get some Strat character in their own fashion. It’s beautiful. I need more lol.
It sounds like a fat Strat in the 2 and 4 spots. The S1 swaps middle for neck+bridge in the middle spot only, so I get the 2xP90 sound as well....

Back
Top Bottom