Seymour Duncan Hyperswitch?

Thanks I'll do that.

Just be super careful about bending the ribbon cable attached to the switchboard. They used some pretty stiff wires on these. The main issue I had was with the connection board taped to the bottom of the pickup, the pickup was too deep for the neck route on my guitar. Hated doing it but I drilled/chiseled a mortise to accommodate the board. You might need to shorten the switches on your bridge too. With my picking style I was knocking the switches out of position. Sanded them down and no more problem. I can still toggle them with my fingernail.

I always thought the Triple Shot was a physically bogus way to change anything, even if it wasn't cheap and fragile. Totally not interested, and I'm genetically predisposed to wiring options.

I like the Triple Shots. They’re just 2 DPDT switches. Made cheap but other wise I love the concept. I like the P-rails too. For the guitar I installed the Triple shot and P-rails combo, I’ve never enjoyed playing it as much as I do now. I like versatile guitars. I have one getting delivered today, an Ibanez AZ2204N.

I like the Triple Shots. They’re just 2 DPDT switches. Made cheap but other wise I love the concept. I like the P-rails too. For the guitar I installed the Triple shot and P-rails combo, I’ve never enjoyed playing it as much as I do now. I like versatile guitars. I have one getting delivered today, an Ibanez AZ2204N.
Well I'm being judgemental from afar, since I've never tried one, but think I wouldn't like the ergonomics of those fiddly little switches in that odd location. I'd much rather have mini toggles.

(As I've said before, I'm a big fan of tonal options. I have a homemade guitar with 3 humbuckers and 78 coil combinations, all nominally humbucking. Yes some sound similar to others, but they're all electrically distinct, and there's cool stuff in there. It's not even insane to operate.)

Last edited:
Well I'm being judgemental from afar, since I've never tried one, but think I wouldn't like the ergonomics of those fiddly little switches in that odd location. I'd much rather have mini toggles.

(As I've said before, I'm a big fan of tonal options. I have a homemade guitar with 3 humbuckers and 78 coil combinations, all nominally humbucking. Yes some sound similar to others, but they're all electrically distinct, and that's cool stuff in there. It's not even insane to operate.)

I understand that. My main guitar is a 2 knob US made PRS with the recess for the knobs. So I can’t elegantly add more controls and didn’t want to put mini switches on it. You can switch the P-rails with 2 DPDT’s on pull switches, but both pickups would be in the same mode. I wanted them with independent switches, thus the triple shots. As it turns out, 90% of the time the bridge is on the P90 and the neck’s on the single. It’s a nice combo. I never liked any neck buckers until I got the P-rail. Guess I like it because I never actually use the bucker lol.

Back
Top Bottom