Seymour Duncan Hyperswitch?

I think it would be a very very great idea if it was modeled pickups and gave you access to different Seymour Duncan pickups
That's a completely different thing though, totally different technology needed.
This is "just" switching connections to and between the existing coils of existing pickups.

That's a completely different thing though, totally different technology needed.
This is "just" switching connections to and between the existing coils of existing pickups.
So it's a way to 'rewire' my existing pick ups with an app? But I need to solder in a new switch and find a place to add a battery?
This seems like a tool for the 'undecided'.

So it's a way to 'rewire' my existing pick ups with an app? But I need to solder in a new switch and find a place to add a battery?
It's the AxeFX of guitar wiring ;)
Do anything you can think of, save it, use it, reconfigure it all next week, lather rinse repeat!

Also, the physical wiring job for my 78 coil combinations was AWFUL, full stop. You have to make a LOT of connections in a very small area. If this switch pares that down to one connection to each end of each coil of three humbuckers, plus output hot and ground, that's a win. Still more than simpler wiring, fewer pickups, or single coils, but net significantly easier for what you get.

And once that's done, it's WAY easier to try new combinations!

78 coil combinations

Do you happen to have a list?

I'm honestly not interested for myself. The vast majority of nonstandard wirings I've tried just don't appeal to me for more than a couple minutes. But, I'm curious.

Random side note - I played a Korean Brian May Red Special the other week for the first time. There were some cool out of phase things there, and I'm surprised how quickly the switching made sense. But...I guess my tastes are just simpler than that.

Do you happen to have a list?

I'm honestly not interested for myself. The vast majority of nonstandard wirings I've tried just don't appeal to me for more than a couple minutes. But, I'm curious.

Random side note - I played a Korean Brian May Red Special the other week for the first time. There were some cool out of phase things there, and I'm surprised how quickly the switching made sense. But...I guess my tastes are just simpler than that.
Heh, a list of possibilities isn't the best way to lay out that wiring, but I don't have time right now to explain it better.
I'll try to do that some time soon.
It's really pretty logical.

Apropos of Red Special wiring in relation to mine, none of the 78 are out of phase, for better and worse.

I think it's all screw terminal connections...

Desolder the existing switch and remove it.

Screw the pickup wires to the terminals of the new switch.

Install the new switch and battery (that's the deal breaker for me, I think).

Program your settings.

I just got my Hyperswitch yesterday and installed it last night. I am using it on a strat style guitar with 3
Dimarzio strat sized humbuckers. As soon as i plugged my guitar in it worked like a normal switch. I then took
2 seconds to connect it to the bluetooth app on my phone and it really is amazing. For anyone that just loves to
waste time messing with sounds it is well worth the money. There is a little bit of noise when connected to the
phone app but as soon as you disconnect the noise is gone. I can understand that people would be nervous using
it live but if you want something really fun then get one.

I just got my Hyperswitch yesterday and installed it last night. I am using it on a strat style guitar with 3
Dimarzio strat sized humbuckers. As soon as i plugged my guitar in it worked like a normal switch. I then took
2 seconds to connect it to the bluetooth app on my phone and it really is amazing. For anyone that just loves to
waste time messing with sounds it is well worth the money. There is a little bit of noise when connected to the
phone app but as soon as you disconnect the noise is gone. I can understand that people would be nervous using
it live but if you want something really fun then get one.
Which specific pickups do you have?
What do you think of them soundwise, in their "normal" configuration?

Which specific pickups do you have?
What do you think of them soundwise, in their "normal" configuration?
Sorry I can't remember what models they are but I have 2 strat style guitars with Dimarzio dual blade strat sized humbuckers and like them all a lot. I can get some decent strat like sounds as well as good humbucker crunch and distorted sounds. I have used many different pickups over the years and I find the Dimarzio ones are what I like for the music I play. The Hyperswitch gives me hundres of pickup sounds now instead of the 5 I had before.

Sorry I can't remember what models they are but I have 2 strat style guitars with Dimarzio dual blade strat sized humbuckers and like them all a lot. I can get some decent strat like sounds as well as good humbucker crunch and distorted sounds. I have used many different pickups over the years and I find the Dimarzio ones are what I like for the music I play. The Hyperswitch gives me hundres of pickup sounds now instead of the 5 I had before.
The Hyperswitch can only access 5 sounds without the phone app, right? You have to pick the 5 you want to use on stage, and that's it?

Yes only 5 stay in the switch at one time but very easy to write to the memory.
Yeah but not between the verse and the chorus :)

Really think they should have allowed for a few more external switch connections, to access 2 or 3 or 4 x 5 presets.

If you're gonna build something like this, think through the possibilities, don't just automatically inherit unnecessary limitations from history. Very cool, but also frustrating.

I have been a guitar tech for 23 plus years. I know about these. But no one has brought to me yet. I am not interested, as after years I know what I like and use. But this is very neat and I am sure I'll get to try one out soon with clients.

I think the better option is the free-way switch. Less than 1/3 the price, no battery, and more switching options.

https://www.freewayswitch.com/products/

This is really interesting, I paid about $80 u.s. for a Seymour Duncan Triple Shot, what. a. joke. It's plastic junk, the wiring to the switch broke off easily, the whole thing must equate to $10 max in parts, and they charge $80. Not happy.

I tried to re-solder the wires back but they are just too tiny. The 4 terminals are about 2mm in length, too small for soldering.

20230623_062126.jpg

About the above freeway switch, it says it's a 6-way switch ... I have a P-Rails and am looking for a switch that will be able to switch it from a P90, to a Single coil, to Series, to Parallel ... the Triple Shot was supposed to do this but it broke. Would the freeway be able to do this?

About the Hyperswitch, sounds interesting if it came with pickup modelling, I love Bluecats Reguitar ( a pickup modeler) it's very interesting what it can do when reamping, if Cliff could put something like that in the Axe, wow.

This is really interesting, I paid about $80 u.s. for a Seymour Duncan Triple Shot, what. a. joke. It's plastic junk, the wiring to the switch broke off easily, the whole thing must equate to $10 max in parts, and they charge $80. Not happy.

Call Seymour Duncan. If you bought from an authorized dealer they’ll replace it. Yes they’re cheaply made. One of the switches in mine failed in that it wouldn’t snap into position. They sent me a new one no charge.

Back
Top Bottom