Setup question...

Beamer128

Memebers, I am new to the Axe FX community. I am wondering if I can monitor the sound from the Axe FX through my PC speakers. If I go to "control panel, sound" I see an entry for the AXE FX. I messed with the USB/DIGI OUT SOURCE, but could not hear my guitar through the PC speakers at any time. What am I missing?

Thanks!!!

Memebers, I am new to the Axe FX community. I am wondering if I can monitor the sound from the Axe FX through my PC speakers. If I go to "control panel, sound" I see an entry for the AXE FX. I messed with the USB/DIGI OUT SOURCE, but could not hear my guitar through the PC speakers at any time. What am I missing?

Thanks!!!

Hi Beamer128,

- Usually, if you want to use your Axe as sound card to listen your sound,
your monitors should be connected directly in the Axe's output (Ex: Output 1)

- if you want to use the monitors directly connected to your PC , it is necessary to use :

. the Axe As input in your system

. your PC's sound card as Output (because your monitors are connected in?...)

you can maybe setup this in your PC's "control panel, sound" or/and in the preferences of the Audio app you are using.

- with this config, you may have many latency!

i hope this will be helpful,

good luck :)

- 0db is the default (max) setup for this parameter !

- could you describe your setup : Axe / usb / PC / audio app ?

- you should invest in monitors,

it would be easier to use and it would certainly sound better than pc speakers ?

you can also connect your Axe to a Hifi system?

Last edited:
Either take the output of the AxeFX and run it into your soundcard or connect the monitors to the output of the AxeFX.

The AxeFX has it's own soundcard and the audio will have to be physically routed to the soundcard in order to use it. The digital settings are explained here: http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Digital_audio_(USB,_SPDIF,_AES)

Probably not really what you are looking for, but it will explain why changing those settings didn't work. If you've got a digital input on the soundcard you can go that route (either SPDIF or AES), but be conscious that the AxeFX has to have everything set to 48kHz or it won't work right. Going analog (preferably balanced) is the best way to do what you are looking to do IMHO. I've been doing it for years going all the way back to the AxeFX Ultra days and it worked great.

Bottom line is that if you want to use your soundcard for monitoring you have to ignore the AxeFXII's built in soundcard capabilities and treat it just like any other audio device.

Sounds like you are trying to listen to your axe through the computer when you should be listening to your computer through the axe. You could set the Axe as the soundcard for input and output and plug your speakers into the Axe? When you play things from your computer you'll only hear it if the axe is switched on though.

Back
Top Bottom