Settings transferable from 4.01 to 6.02

bigkid

Hi all. I am thinking about getting another FM3 - my previous one being sold to finance an FM9 upgrade. It took me quite a while to get it to work with an FC6, external pedals and midi the way I like it. The last backup of the FM3's settings was when it had v4.01 firmware installed. I expect the new one will come with v6.02. I'd prefer to not have to set it up from scratch. Is it possible to import settings from a v4.01 backup to an FM3 with v6.02 firmware, and will it work as expected? Or, will I need to downgrade the new FM3's firmware to the earlier version, then import the backup and upgrade? Is this last even possible given the new FM3 is a Turbo version and settings may be different?? Appreciate the advice. Cheers.

Hi all. I am thinking about getting another FM3 - my previous one being sold to finance an FM9 upgrade. It took me quite a while to get it to work with an FC6, external pedals and midi the way I like it. The last backup of the FM3's settings was when it had v4.01 firmware installed. I expect the new one will come with v6.02. I'd prefer to not have to set it up from scratch. Is it possible to import settings from a v4.01 backup to an FM3 with v6.02 firmware, and will it work as expected? Or, will I need to downgrade the new FM3's firmware to the earlier version, then import the backup and upgrade? Is this last even possible given the new FM3 is a Turbo version and settings may be different?? Appreciate the advice. Cheers.
“Settings”? The system settings? They should be 100% compatible, with the caveat that any global settings added in the interim will remain at the default for the system that is installed in the unit when you receive it.

Layouts, presets and user cabs will transfer across too, with the same caveat for any newer parameters that didn’t exist “back in the day”. I wouldn’t try loading the v4 firmware into the turbo either.

The newer firmware is backwards compatible but the older firmware is not future compatible because who knew what was coming in the future, right?

Thanks for dropping in Greg and Joker. By settings I was thinking the ones for the external 'stand-in' pedals, but also, and more importantly, Layout and View settings including the 'Layout Links', which take a bit of effort to get my head around and then set them up. Sounds like I should be alright. Still mulling over the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom