Setting up switches on FC-12

trancegodz

Fractal Fanatic
I have everything working on the FC-12 and three expression pedals working fine, but I can not figure out how to set up the other 4 switches on the back of the FC-12.

How do you set up a switch on the back of the FC-12?

Specifically, in the Axe FXIII, how would you set up switch #1 on the back of the FC-12 to turn on/off the filter for a 3db boost?

How do you assign switch #1 to filter (or any of the other effects in the Axe FXIII)?

Question: Can you set up one of the 4 switches on the back of the FC-12 to turn on/off the layout of your choice? If so how?

See page 7 of the FC manual.

I read that before I posted. This is what it says in the manual:

The following example shows how to set the global Output 1 Volume to be controlled by FC#1 Pedal 2.

On the Axe-Fx III, page to the Other page of the MIDI/Remote menu under SETUP.
Locate the remote function of your choice (Output 1 Volume for this example).
Turn the VALUE wheel to select the desired FC pedal or switch (“FC#1 PEDAL 2” for this example).
You may wish to make other assignments on this or other menu pages.
Press HOME when nished.

Try it for yourself and see if you can figure out how to get it to work.
There is no place to select what you want the switch to turn on/off. If there is I can't find it.

also on that page, just above what you referenced:

Aside from External Controllers (detailed above) the Axe-Fx III is equipped with dozens of other global functions that can be controlled using FC Pedals and Switches. For example, the “Other” page of the MIDI/Remote menu under SETUP contains global volume options for all inputs and outputs. Almost all of these global options can be set to the FC pedal of your choice.

just choose the switch you want on the Bypass page in Setup > MIDI.

I haven't done it as I currently have no need, but you want to map the FC switch port to one of the External controllers, and then assign a modifier to the Bypass switch on the Filter block.

Optionally, I think you can assign the modifier directly to FC# 1 Sw #1.

ON the Midi/Remote "Other" page under I/O the only options on the left are Input 1-4 Volume and Output 1-4 Volume. Output 1 Volume increment and decrement, and Output 2 volume increment and decrement. I don't want to control any of those functions.

I want to be able to turn on/off a filter block, or a layout. How exactly do you do that? How about a video on setting up the 4 external switches on the FC-12.

ON the Midi/Remote "Other" page under I/O the only options on the left are Input 1-4 Volume and Output 1-4 Volume. Output 1 Volume increment and decrement, and Output 2 volume increment and decrement. I don't want to control any of those functions.

I want to be able to turn on/off a filter block, or a layout. How exactly do you do that? How about a video on setting up the 4 external switches on the FC-12.
Bypass page, not Other...

Bypass page, not Other...

Thank you! That's why I couldn't figure it out.

I see you can select what ever cc# you want for each effect if you are using a midi controller like the MFC-101, and for the FC-12 if I am understanding it right can select what effect you want the external switch to turn on/off. You can select Pedal 1, Pedal 2, FC 1 Pedal 1, FC 1 Pedal 2, FC 1 Pedal 3, FC 1 Pedal 4, FC 1 Switch 1, FC 1 Switch 2, FC 1 Switch 3, FC 1 Switch 4, etc.

I see there is no option to select Layout for an external switch. There isn't any of the looper functions on the bypass page either. I guess there is no way to choose layouts or looper functions from an external switch at present. Something to add to the Wish list.

Thank you! That's why I couldn't figure it out.

I see you can select what ever cc# you want for each effect if you are using a midi controller like the MFC-101, and for the FC-12 if I am understanding it right can select what effect you want the external switch to turn on/off. You can select Pedal 1, Pedal 2, FC 1 Pedal 1, FC 1 Pedal 2, FC 1 Pedal 3, FC 1 Pedal 4, FC 1 Switch 1, FC 1 Switch 2, FC 1 Switch 3, FC 1 Switch 4, etc.

I see there is no option to select Layout for an external switch. There isn't any of the looper functions on the bypass page either. I guess there is no way to choose layouts or looper functions from an external switch at present. Something to add to the Wish list.

Yes, see my earlier post because there are a few ways to do it. You can assign for example FC1 Switch 1 to External 1, and then External 1 can be assigned as a modifier to control different things in different presets... More flexible.

And yes, there are a number of things that cannot currently be controlled by external switches. Only the things in the Midi/Remote menus.

Thanks to both of you for helping me with this. Much appreciated.

Am I correct that you can not choose "layout" or looper functions with an external switch?

Thanks to both of you for helping me with this. Much appreciated.

Am I correct that you can not choose "layout" or looper functions with an external switch?
Layout I'm pretty sure is no.

Looper I'm not sure about. I thought Looper functions could be assigned midi CCs, which I means they are in the Midi/Remote... Which means they should be able to be triggered by external switch.

Back
Top Bottom