Setting IA switch to change preset

qjawz

Inspired
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out how exactly I can make my IA switch into a preset switch.

I'm using 5 scenes with one main patch on IA switch 1-5. What I'd like to do is use IA 6-8 to change to a different patch..I followed the Wiki instructions on this as best as I could but I'm not sure I quite got it. I used the page Edit>Midi>clicked 10times to which I went and changed what I perceived to be the correct thing to do IA06 pON PC#006 Ch01.....GREAT it switched however the Axe Fx displayed the correct patch but the MFC did not. Then ignoring that for a second I wasn't able to switch back to my main patch. Anyone have some insight on what I'm doing wrong?

do you want Switches 6, 7, and 8 to always be the same 3 Presets? something like

Switch 6 = Preset 128
Switch 7 = Preset 002
Switch 8 = Preset 017

?

I was hoping you'd respond Chris!!!!!! Yes I do. The layout you have there would be something along those lines. But I also want to be able to change back to my original preset.

Hey yek. No it's not, what exactly is that for anyways?

It makes sure that the MFC syncs to the Axe. Try it. You're sending a pure PC to the Axe, which will switch presets on the Axe, but will leave the MFC 'confused'. TotalSync will fix this, I think.

I would love to know how to do this...

Ummm So from what I've figured this is what you do go to the MFC edit menu>Midi>click right 10 times or left 8times. From there go to the IA switch you'd like to program....There are basically two different things you have to program here the function of the switch when it is on and the function when it is off. For me this is what I did IA06 pON PC#007 Ch01. This will take me to preset 8 and if I want to go back to my main preset IA06 pOFF PC#000 Ch01 which will take me to preset 1.

Don't use Totalsync though because it will keep sending you back to the preset shown originally on mfc.

On that note any scenes 1-5 in my case can will still be able to be used in one of the IA assigned presets but it will not show the preset on the mfc if that makes sense. It will be correct on the Axe Fx.

IF you want to check the manually just in case you don't get what I'm saying go to page 56 http://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/mfc-101/MFC-101-Owners-Manual.pdf

Back
Top Bottom