Settin the Volume on a FRFR ...

openmind

Inspired
Hey guys ... how you doing ! So me again, I know I must be a pain in the ass haha ... yesterday I have a nice gig and I m gettin used to my RCF NX 12sma ... pretty happy with the sound actually and I feel confortable ... problem comes when I try to set up the volume. I feel I m a little bit too low, so I turn up JUST A LITTLE on the axe fx and BOOM I m too loud, I turn it down and ... well you know what I mean. Happens exactly the same if I turn up from the monitor. Is way too sensible... any advice about it ?

How are your preset volumes set? Close to clipping output?
They do not need to be that high. Try lowering the preset volumes and see if your volume control gets less sensitive!

How are your preset volumes set? Close to clipping output?
They do not need to be that high. Try lowering the preset volumes and see if your volume control gets less sensitive!
I ll try that ... at home, with studio monitors, set to normal volume, I turn the axe fx around 9 o`clock... but its true that me presets are louder than the stock presets .... will try that and see what happens

Hey guys ... how you doing ! So me again, I know I must be a pain in the ass haha ... yesterday I have a nice gig and I m gettin used to my RCF NX 12sma ... pretty happy with the sound actually and I feel confortable ... problem comes when I try to set up the volume. I feel I m a little bit too low, so I turn up JUST A LITTLE on the axe fx and BOOM I m too loud, I turn it down and ... well you know what I mean. Happens exactly the same if I turn up from the monitor. Is way too sensible... any advice about it ?

Dial in a bit more mid range and you will cut better and won't feel you need to turn up.

Make sure the rcf is set to line level. Also the rcf has a pretty big jump in volume above 12 o clock. I always kept mine above 12 and used the ii output knob to tame it

No. I use Global EQ only to adjust for the room i'm in at different gigs. My presets are created in the same room at home, so if they all sound good there, just a bit of that Global EQ should be able to even things out so they sound good in a different room.

If you use the Global EQ to achieve your tone, you won't have any tools left to adjust for different rooms/gigs except for completely changing your Global EQ or adjusting every preset individually. Leaving the Global flat gives you the biggest range to adjust.

Because I use a PA speaker for my sound, generally speaking, if it sounds good in that PA speaker, it will sound pretty good in the main PA - versus tweaking my sound for a guitar cab, then sending that guitar cab tweaked sound to a Full Range PA system. So in my experience using an FRFR as my monitor, my presets should sound good everywhere with just a bit of Global EQ tweak.

No. I use Global EQ only to adjust for the room i'm in at different gigs. My presets are created in the same room at home, so if they all sound good there, just a bit of that Global EQ should be able to even things out so they sound good in a different room.

Thanks, that's what I thought I do the same thing...

Back
Top Bottom