Setlists and FC-12?

Haven’t had time since yesterday to work on it. Yes it address half the equation it seems. A switch in the scenes layout to get back to setlist layout would work but sometimes I have all my scenes filled. I could remove the tap tempo I guess and add a hold to get back to the top right switch. All my tempos are set in each song anyway so I rarely if ever use it in my church worship sets.
@orion32773

Yes. That seems like a possible solution. I did some thinking about this whole issue this afternoon and I am considering taking a different approach. I am an FM9 owner and I feel like over the last several months since the Setlist feature came available I have been trying to make it fit my needs. I think when I look at my situation, I may not really benefit from Setlists. My bands list of covers is in the 35 - 40 range of songs. It actually stays pretty static. We only play a couple of times each month. I have plenty of user presets available. I am thinking about setting up 35 - 40 user presets, one per song, and just managing our songs as individual presets. I think I can organize them easily enough using the Preset Manager. One thing I have struggled with is moving around quickly in the Setlist mode if I am called on to do a song out of order. There is no banking capability to move quickly through a list of songs. Banking up and down in Preset mode is pretty easy on the FM9. Another issue is no quick way to look down and know which
Song you are currently on in Setlist mode. You can see the previous and the next, but you have to step on a Section switch to get the current song to display. If I am using a Preset per song and I name the Preset the same as the song, I always know immediately where I am. There are certainly some nice features offered by the Setlists/Songs feature, but I am beginning to think I am spending more time trying to adjust my workflow to match the software rather than the other way around. I think I am going to try the Preset per Song approach and see how it goes. Thanks for your input. I will watch the forum for additional information. Thx.

@orion32773

Yes. That seems like a possible solution. I did some thinking about this whole issue this afternoon and I am considering taking a different approach. I am an FM9 owner and I feel like over the last several months since the Setlist feature came available I have been trying to make it fit my needs. I think when I look at my situation, I may not really benefit from Setlists. My bands list of covers is in the 35 - 40 range of songs. It actually stays pretty static. We only play a couple of times each month. I have plenty of user presets available. I am thinking about setting up 35 - 40 user presets, one per song, and just managing our songs as individual presets. I think I can organize them easily enough using the Preset Manager. One thing I have struggled with is moving around quickly in the Setlist mode if I am called on to do a song out of order. There is no banking capability to move quickly through a list of songs. Banking up and down in Preset mode is pretty easy on the FM9. Another issue is no quick way to look down and know which
Song you are currently on in Setlist mode. You can see the previous and the next, but you have to step on a Section switch to get the current song to display. If I am using a Preset per song and I name the Preset the same as the song, I always know immediately where I am. There are certainly some nice features offered by the Setlists/Songs feature, but I am beginning to think I am spending more time trying to adjust my workflow to match the software rather than the other way around. I think I am going to try the Preset per Song approach and see how it goes. Thanks for your input. I will watch the forum for additional information. Thx.
Yes I think you would benefit with just staying with one preset per song and just using the preset manager. We play different songs each week and sometimes they will change it up last minute so ir makes it easy to reorder quickly with set lists.

Folks -

Either I've missed something fundamental, or I don't fully grasp the feature!

In short, how do you control Setlists, Songs, and Sections from the foot controller (FC-12 in my case). Also, do they display as such?
I'm currently using 3 layouts to control how I use the set list feature - seems to be working pretty good for me - I think I need to make a few tweaks but here is what I'm doing:

I have two layouts for Songs - one is songs 1-8, the other is songs 9-16. I'll probably make the Looper bank songs 17-24 because I don't use the looper at all. I only put songs in the Set List that I'm using multiple preset scenes for, so getting through a night of 40-50 songs won't really be an issue because I don't need a specific song set up for everything. I have 1 preset that I can use for a LOT of songs.

So from my main presets (like outside of the setlist feature) - if I hold my Preset button it takes me to the last set list I was in which in this case just happens to be my 90's stuff. Here I can get out of the Set List feature by hitting the Presets button again but when I step on a song, using Layout Links, it takes me to the Song Parts layout (last image) where I can get to the Effects Layout if I need to turn on or off individual effects. Bottom row of the Song Parts layout is for the 6 um, song parts.

As is said many times out here - there isn't really a right or wrong way to do things and this is (mostly) working for me currently. Hope it helps even a little bit. :)

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 3.13.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 3.13.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 3.13.01 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom