Set stock input level for all amps?

Ibanizt

Hey guys!

Is there a way to set the input level for my guitar so I can get the same volume on all the amps without having to do it manually all the time?

Thanks!

There is no way to do this currently. Think of it like plunging into a real amp, every amp is going to take some volume adjustment when you first plug in.

There are so many pitfalls and hurdles that it can't be done. For example, forcing the output of all amp blocks to have the same loudness, doesn't mean that the final preset levels will be in the same range.

Thanks for the replies! But seriously, this should be an option of a high end gear like this tho.. :)

What exactly are you suggesting? Since presets are built by users and you can boost cut volume at nearly any stage how would this even be possible? For example, normalizing amp output has absolutely zero effect on the volume of the IRs. What if you wanted a boosted amp for a solo? If all amps were forced to be the same volume how would this be possible? Just the simple act of switching a low output single coil to a hot humbucker would have huge volume flux in clean patches. With parallel paths there can be additional volume boosts at this point unrelated to the amp model which would boost the overall patch volume. I don't think it's too much to ask guitarists to level the patches they will use.

Back
Top Bottom