Set Main Output Level per Scene

vkinetic

Inspired
Still on the steep learning curve for my AX8. Browsing through the manual I have just noticed the section that says that you can set the main output level per scene. I wish I had have known that before - been using GEQ to get a boost for solos etc in within a scene. I learnt this from looking at other peoples presets, so I'm wondering, why do people use GEQ or PEQ blocks (with no or little change to the actual EQ curve) in preference to setting the output level per scene per the manual?

Also, as an aside, I read somewhere in this forum that there is a shortcut to get to the level meters on the AX8. I can't find that now - does someone know what that shortcut is, because it would be most helpful to quickly switch to the output meters every now and then, even live or at rehearsals.

Thanks and I'm sorry if these are dumb questions

Shortcut is Shift, Page.

The problem with the scene volume setting is that it is at the end of the chain, so any delay or reverb trails will be boosted or cut abruptly, when you switch scenes. With a filter block, you can put the block before the wet effects, so the trails will decay naturally.

Thanks very much - that clears it up! And thanks Smittefar for the shortcut. Just picked up my second DXR10 so I'll be trying out running stereo at rehearsal tonight!

Also ChristThePhone - I was in Germany (mainly Ulm) the year before last - love the place ;) We're still in contact with the guy who owns the bar we used to go to every night!

Thanks again guys :)

Back
Top Bottom