Set List Maker setup... I'm stuck...

When editing BandHelper to work with my III, I noticed that MSB and LSB have switched.

To make BandHelper send Program Changes and have the III proces them, you must now enter the bank number in the MSB field. With the II this is the LSB field.

When editing BandHelper to work with my III, I noticed that MSB and LSB have switched.

To make BandHelper send Program Changes and have the III proces them, you must enter the bank number in the MSB field. With the II this has to be the LSB field.

I didn't change anything from when I had my II to now with my III as far as BandHelper Midi is concerned, and all of my changes (Program Change for Presets, raw hex for Scene Changes) are working as normal? I only use Bank 1, so I may have just lucked out...

Yes, that does the trick.

0 LSB and 0 MSB is the same as 0 MSB and 0 LSB. :)

I am showing MSB 1, LSB 0, but in BandHelper I have it configured to start from 1. I bet anything like true 0 or anything less than 0 (i.e. -1 in this case) doesn't make a difference.

All off you.. THANK YOU SO MUCH.... I have been busy at work, but will try again....It should be easy now, the picture guide seems fantastic... I'll let you all know later :)

Smittefar: If it all fails, I might take you up on it.... I'll bring cake etc :)

Tom your picture guide really did the trick for me, I really owe you one... THANK you. It' works now as a charm. Only thing i can't get my head around is making the MFC choosing the song on the Ipad, but I don't need that. Just cam back from reharsal and with the iPad in front of me it was a such an easy thing finding presets.

Also to everyone else trying to help me here, thank you o much, it is highly appriciated guys :)

MIDI organizes presets in banks of 128 presets (0-127). The Axe-Fx also does that under the hood but you don't see it: presets are numbered consecutively.

To access an Axe-Fx preset from another device requires that you enter a three-fields-number, as Tom has explained. In Set List Maker you do that by creating a MIDI Preset and entering the data there.

Let's say you want to switch to preset 130 on the Axe. This means that the preset is in the 2nd bank, which is Bank 1 (MIDI always starts at 0). So you have to let SLM know that you want a preset in Bank 1, and it's the 3rd one (128 > 129 > 130). In MIDI that's Program Change 2.

Another difficulty is that there are two ways to specify bank numbers: LSB and MSB. It suffices to say that you need MSB here to send presets.

So in each MIDI preset you enter zero in the MSB field (single digit), you enter the bank number in the LSB field (single digit), and then enter the Program Change number (without preceding zeros) in the third field.

If you want it the other way around: making SLM respond to preset switching on the Axe, then use the MSB field instead of the LSB field in the Song details.

Make sure that SLM uses the same MIDI channel as the Axe.
If I am interpreting this correctly for AX8 I would enter for preset in bank 58 preset 6 an LSB of 0 an MSB of 3 and a program of 77. This is using the table on page 101 of AX8 manual. It seems like LSB is always 0 and MSB will be 0,1,2 or 3 depending on the bank???

A little something for future reference...

Set List Maker with Bluetooth MIDI on Android 9.0: SLM would detect the Yamaha MD-BT01 connected to my AFX3 (from the Connect to a Bluetooth Device option under MIDI Status), but it would drop the connection almost immediately. In order to achieve a stable connection, I downloaded MIDI BLE Connect from the Google App store and used it to make the connection to the MD-BT01. Then, I could go into SLM MIDI Status and, if the device wasn't already visible in Connected Ports, STOP then START MIDI Running to get SLM to see the BLE connection.

Of course I can't use this the way I want until I can assure I'm not moving patches around on my AFX3 in order to create set lists. But it's a puzzle piece I no longer have to wonder about.

Hopefully, this will be helpful to someone else trying to do Bluetooth MIDI with SLM.

SetListMaker does not move anything. It just selects the patch that you have connected to the song within SLM.

Back
Top Bottom