SERIOUS ISSUE, NEED HELP ON THIS!

interesting update:

i turned it on to see where i stood and everything is gone, however i was able to make a preset, store it, and turn the unit off/on and it is still there.

does this mean its ok am i just eager to have things back to normal? if its good i can reload presets and life is good!

Did you discover the origin of the problem?
Did you fix it?

If not, then most likely the problem is still there, but without symptoms. It can happen any time, again.

yes ive had it powered off over an hour and then it came back on with the 2 presets i made today still saved and fine, but i did nothing to fix it at all so yes, im assuming its not actually just fine now and at any point it could come right back at any time. im not falling into the "its fixed itself" trap haha.

Dude I had a similar problem as you have right now.Is your screen darker when you turn the Axe on ? The problem with mine was the same.No presets and the screen went dark every time I turned it on. I hoped that it is the battery as well but it turned out it was something else.They said the SRAM went corrupt or something like that and the only way to fix it was to replace the whole main board of the Axe.My Axe was 2 months old when that happened.

ok i spoke with charlie at tech support and he ran me through checking the battery and it appears there is a quarter sized battery on the main board with an arm holding it down in place. the batter was rather loose in there and was failing to make that connection with the arm. i bent the arm down a bit and the battery is in there a bit better now so hopefully im good.

and denis actually once this happened the screen was kind of the opposite, the green backlighting was normal but the text contrast was very light and nearly unreadable. but ive worked on that battery and put it all back together, so far it seems like thats all it was. i'll wait a day or so then if it stays good i'll reinstall all of the presets and move on. thanks for all the questions and trouble shooting. many heads are better than 1!!!

I had a loose cable going to the LCD screen and a simple push was all it needed. The Axe Fx II is very reliable and not issue prone. I want to state that as a 4-5 year user to anyone thinking about getting one and worried after this post. Issues are very far and few. I'd say I have had way way way more reliability issues with tube amps and other things over the years. The AXE FX is fantastic and one well made piece of gear!

i agree, i have no issue with build quality or with the company. im a huge supporter and have nothing but great things to say about these units. i wouldnt want anyone to think i was expecting reliability issues at all. in fact opening it up made me very happy at how simple it really is. i can see this easily holding up for years...

A part can always fail at some point it happens. An ok company VS a GREAT ONE. Alot of company's its a hassle to contact them, they don't call you back and they just don't care, FAS Respondes to your emails,phone calls and will get the AxeFx back in top shape and they care! Thats what makes a GREAT COMPANY.
Hope you get your AxeFx back up to speed soon. Let us know what it was.
ROCK ON!

Back
Top Bottom