Bug? Sequencer controller 'Time Signature' tempo?

Moke

Axe-Master
Vendor
I've been working with the 'Sequencer' controller a bit more lately and discovered something strange. I'm trying to use it for some sequenced 'Synth' parts that need to last for quite a few bars and sync to tempo. There are quite a few 'Time Signature ' options that would work perfectly for what I need. The problem is, there seems to be a low limit of '1.000 Hz' for the 'Rate' parameter.

This renders a good portion of the available 'Time Signatures' unusable/unavailable?

Would it be possible to extend that lower range to '0.100 Hz'? Or even '0.500 Hz'? Or whatever range that would make it compatible with all available 'Time Signatures' (at a typical song tempo?)

Do you have an example of what you want to sequence? Do the parts only use notes lasting an entire measure or more?

You are correct in that tempo cannot exceed the normal range of a control. This is true for all modifiers and all parameters.
The same is true for tempos that would cause a parameter to exceed its upper limit.

For slow tempos, you will also find that drift is more of an issue. It's better to use your computer sequencer for this sort of thing.

Do you have an example of what you want to sequence? Do the parts only use notes lasting an entire measure or more?

You are correct in that tempo cannot exceed the normal range of a control. This is true for all modifiers and all parameters.
The same is true for tempos that would cause a parameter to exceed its upper limit.

For slow tempos, you will also find that drift is more of an issue. It's better to use your computer sequencer for this sort of thing.

Thanks for the replies. I have a sequence in mind that will need all 32 steps, at a time signature of '1/2' to accomplish. The sequence would only need to play through once. But the lowest tempo possible at that time signature is 120 BBM, which equals 1.000 Hz. At the target tempo of about 90 BBM, I would need a the rate at around '0.750 Hz'.

Can you post an audio clip of the part?

Depending on how similar the first and second halves are, there might still be a way to do this with paired values at 1.5 Hz and some modifiers.

Back
Top Bottom