Sending FX Send to Banshee....what am I missing....

The_Kid

Experienced
Ok, I've searched the threads, I know that this 'routing' will work, but i'm missing something.

Probably something easy.

I'm running my Banshee Talkbox in the fx send of the axe. I usually send Output 1 direct to board. I dont wanna run the banshee at the input of the axe, because I want to use the Axe's amps to drive the talkbox. I have a cable running from the output 2 (FX send) to the banshee input. I have the fx send in my chain at the place I'd like the signal routed (just after my filter boost). I have my Expression 2 pedal setup to auto engage the fx block and the fx block set to thru when bypassed. that way when I engage the pedal to turn it on...it will mute output 1 send and just have talkbox.

Am I correct in that thinking so far?

So, I read on the wiki that according to Cliff, "Cliff: "There is a detector switch on Input2 Left. If you don't plug anything into Input2 Left the Effects Loop won't pass signal."

Does this mean that I need to keep a cable plugged into Input 2 for the fx to stay active? I'm confused a bit. It seems like it should be pretty straight forward, but I'm probably messing something up.

Other bits of info that may help, I run Left input only for input 1, I have copy 1>2 on, and run a mono type chain for all patches.

Any help would be appreciated.

When there's no cable at In 2 L the FXL block output to the next column will be as if it was a mixer, taking signal from the previous column and adjusting levels/balance (or not) then sending that on. It still sends signal to Out 2 either way when engaged.

You basically just have to pick one more step to cut output 1 level when FXL is engaged. That could be setting FXL output level to minimum (not complete silence but would be very quiet) or engaging a volume block at 0 level. Or since effects are all mono, try row balance left (FXL send page) and mix page balance right. Choose copy L > R for output 1 mode if you need to use Out 1 R to anything w/ that approach.

I've thought about setting up my Banshee routing similar to what you are trying to accomplish. This may not be something you're interested in, but I thought I'd put it out here for reference; Under the I/O menu on the CTRL page, I've set up a button on my pedalboard to bypass the effects loop block. Basically, it toggles the talkbox in and out of the loop. Works like a charm. Only problem is switching quickly while you have a tube in your mouth and you're not exactly looking at your pedalboard ;)

i got it figured out.....lol.....OMG!!!!! I had the talkbox turned off.....never thought to check it....cause we had it running with guitar direct to talkbox....then switched the cables and must have hit it and didnt realize i did. lol...

I turned it on....moved my FX block just after my filter block. Then to help separate sounds when I turn it on, I added another filter block in parallel with the fx block. With the bypass set to mute. I have the fx block/filter 2 attached to my EXP 1 with auto engage, and filter 1 (lead boost) attached to EXP 2 for the solo.

Now that I have the routing which works great, I can now dial in the right tone...

Just goes to show again, when its not working right, start with the simple stuff, lol...

Back
Top Bottom