Sending controller#7 (volume pedal) whenever changing patches

Radley

Experienced
Sending controller #7 (volume pedal) value whenever changing patches ~ can the MFC-101 be programmed to do this? Some modelers need this to keep levels steady.

Last edited:
From the manual........Settings for the beginning value of Expression Pedals XP1 through XP4.

"PDL" ......(Default) The pedal will be polled and a corresponding MIDI value sent whenever a new
preset is loaded.

"OFF" .....The Beginning Value function is switched off. No data is sent until the pedal is moved.

"000-127" .....The selected value will be sent whenever a new preset is loaded.
" To prevent abrupt sound changes, a pedal with a numeric Beginning Value will send
updates only after its physical position crosses the threshold of the beginning value. For
example, if the initial value is “0”, you will need to move the pedal to “0” (heel position)
before the pedal sends any MIDI data.
" The “Beginning Value” should never be set outside the MIN/MAX range of the pedal,
whether global or set for the Preset.

Hey Radley, good to see you back on the FAS forum.

You can also do this with an "Preset Custom MIDI Message." It's in the MFC-101 manual, in Section 12.1.6.

Each Preset can be programmed to send up to 16 bytes of custom MIDI data along with all the other data from the preset. You can use this to send a custom value for CC#7 along with the preset data.

Say you wanted the Volume pedal to be set to 80% of maximum for a given Preset. Let's assume that the expression pedal you're using for Volume has been calibrated to be 0 at minimum, and 127 at maximum. Assuming linear taper, an 80% volume works out to about 100 (going from 0 - 127). So, you want your Preset to send a CC value of 100 whenever you step on this Preset button.

Use the Preset Custom MIDI Message instructions in section 12.1.6 of the manual to enter the bytes.

Maybe the "Internal" CC's can do what you need? There are 17 of them. Each one can be set to it's own Midi channel, CC#, and CC value. Then choose which one is "On" or "Off" for each preset.

Wow guys ~ Thanks to each of you! I know much more about the AFX II than the MFC.:( ["PDL" ......(Default) The pedal will be polled and a corresponding MIDI value sent whenever a new preset is loaded.] <------- Exactly what I was needing :)

My pleasure Radley. it's good to see you back on the forum.

I was on the Axe FX ll waiting list for a while, That sucked, but on the bright side, I downloaded and read the Axe FX ll and MFC 101 manuals over and over for a few months. It is definitely worth everyone's time to read the shizz out of these manuals when ever you have spare time. They are a better read after you have some time with the units.

Back
Top Bottom