Wish Send External MIDI commands on Setlist Song selection

AlanC

I would like to be able to send MIDI program change commands to an external device when a song is selected.

I'm aware that I can set up a MIDI block to send commands when a preset is selected, but I tend to use the same presets for multiple songs.

In my specific case, I'd want to control an external voice processor which has presets for specific songs. I typically have different presets for the voice processor for each song, even though I might use the same guitar preset for several songs.

I searched and didn't find any way to accomplish this. Please let me know if there is a way to do this currently.

One possible workaround is to copy the preset to different slots for different songs and then each can send a different MIDI payload.

One possible workaround is to copy the preset to different slots for different songs and then each can send a different MIDI payload.

By slot do you mean song slots in the set list?

Wouldn't I need to have separate presets for each song for each one in order to have a different MIDI payload?

Last edited:
I would like to be able to send MIDI program change commands to an external device when a song is selected.

I'm aware that I can set up a MIDI block to send commands when a preset is selected, but I tend to use the same presets for multiple songs.

In my specific case, I'd want to control an external voice processor which has presets for specific songs. I typically have different presets for the voice processor for each song, even though I might use the same guitar preset for several songs.

I searched and didn't find any way to accomplish this. Please let me know if there is a way to do this currently.
+1

I do something similar with our lights, which are Midi controlled. The guitar Amp and FX settings might not change between Intro, Verse, Chorus, and Outro, but the lights do. So I have a preset with multiple scenes where only the Scene Midi block changes from scene to scene. One of the scenes is a quiescent scene, with static lights and no guitar sound, which we use between songs. This means that I can change guitar with no extra switching. Any preset change defaults to this quiescent scene.

Back
Top Bottom