Semi-shortened cover of Opeth's Deliverance.

JamesLaBrie

Hey everyone! It's my first time posting here, been messing around with my Axe for a few months now. I figured I might post something here just to get a little feedback. I know the drum tracking isn't the greatest, and I have a few instances of clipping a little bit that i havent bothered to fix yet, but if anyone has any criticism on the production or tone, it would be really appreciated. Everything was done out of the Axe, and the guitars are mainly a mix of Das Metal, and FAS Modern, with a little blackface in there for cleans.

http://soundcloud.com/mtuinier/deliverance-1

-Marshall

I really like the tones. My only criticism would be to make sure that you fully palm mute to tighten up the riffs. Right now a lot of the chords are blurring together in the distorted sections. Too much reverb in those sections could be a culprit too. Generally, I find it helps with clarity to not use any reverb on the guitar while tracking, and then add back what you want later on.

Yeah, those patches do have some reverb on them. Ill try removing it, then rerecording for a tighter sound. Thanks!

I know its a rough mix but where is the drum???

Guitars are cool but they sound too big, or the drum sounds too small

I'm curious for the end result, are you using toontrack?

Back
Top Bottom