sell k12 for monitors?

fatoni

Inspired
i dont really play out any because of school now and i was just wondering if studio monitors would suit me better. i think i would like to get into recording kinda. maybe just reaper and my axe fx to make backing track type stuff to play along to. the thing is i just dont want to spend too much cash (just bought a laptop, axe fx2 and suhr modern in the same week). i just dont know if i would miss the volume and bass of the qsc and if the stereo and accuracy of something like the hs50m or the like would pay off for someone in my situation. any advice? i can get some used hs50s for under 300 so im pretty tempted but i just dont know what to expect.

The only problem I've experienced with studio monitors (my KRK 6's at least), is I can't really get the big cranked sound through them. Now, I'm sure there are some much better quality monitors out there that might work, but in my experience at least, you might miss that sound of those 12's. But, if your're in a confined space anyways, you might not be able to crank them up. However, if you're going to do a lot of recording etc. you'll want some decent desk monitors anyways so you might need both!!!

Back
Top Bottom