Sell FRACTAL at Sweetwater.

Fractal's way of doing things seems to work. I would not want to muck that up. I know some hate waiting lists, but it is what it is. It is a premium product and they don't make a billion at a time to appease a crowd. They stay the course and do what they can while still maintaining quality. They are in control of things from soup to nuts and the detail is not overlooked.

I shit you not, I received a call out of the blue one time asking if everything is going well with my order.

“Order? What order?”

“Oh, you know those switch tips you ordered a few weeks back?”
That's what they do. I got one (well honestly, I think it was a text or email, and not an actual call) asking about my pick order.

I had previously re-upped my Fender picks, and ordered like 5- 25-packs, only to be hugely disappointed Fender was no longer embossing them. So I tried a sample pack he had suggested. His reaching out me prompted a pretty lengthy conversation between us, and actually helped me in deciding on a new (to me) type of pick to use. So it was a useful exchange between us in the end.

I'm picturing their sales meetings in which they stress the importance of interacting with all their customers, no matter how insignificant the gear being discussed may seem. It builds a great rapport that to me, seems unique in SW's approach to doing business. I think they're a great company.

The wait lists exists because there's more demand than supply. Adding another huge vendor like Sweetwater will only make that worse. You can't just magically double your supply, especially during a time of world wide supply chain issues.

I think they're a great company.

I dig ‘em. I inquired about a guitar that hasn’t been announced yet, and my sales engineer’s assistant was super close to giving up information about it. She caught herself, then said I’ll add you to a list.

“Suuure, the list huh?”

When I was updated on the status on another order I’ve had open for a year or so, they ‘updated’ me on the guitar that existence can’t be confirmed or denied as well. Most retailers would tell you to go pound sand.

Back
Top Bottom