"Self oscillating" delays

danielodland

Inspired
How can I make a preset with a simple delay with a very low rate (20ms or so) that makes the delay increase in volume for two seconds or so and then kill the delay? OR I could just enable and kill the delay with a IA...I'm just curious about how to make the delay feed back like an analog delay with very high feedback values? It seems that it's programmed not to do that. I guess it can hurt speakers and so on...
Do anyone understand this or should I make a clip?

BTW, can such a setting hurt the AFX too?

danielodland said:
How can I make a preset with a simple delay with a very low rate (20ms or so) that makes the delay increase in volume for two seconds or so and then kill the delay? OR I could just enable and kill the delay with a IA...I'm just curious about how to make the delay feed back like an analog delay with very high feedback values? It seems that it's programmed not to do that. I guess it can hurt speakers and so on...
Do anyone understand this or should I make a clip?

BTW, can such a setting hurt the AFX too?

Use the feeddback send and return blocks along w/ an ADSR on the level(to kill the delay).

Ok should I put the delay on a parallell route to the dry signal, then put a feedback send block after delay and return block before?

danielodland said:
Ok should I put the delay on a parallell route to the dry signal, then put a feedback send block after delay and return block before?

Yes, 100% mix on the delay, 0% feedback (the send/return level defines the feedback amount). Careful with levels

Ok never used an ADSR as a mod before though, only used in synth context...what should I do with a ADSR (you mentioned it earlier)?

Why limit yourself to self-oscillating when the Axe-Fx can be so much more ;-)
This preset runs away, but when you play something new, it tames itself again.
This gives you the effect of infinite feedback without overlapping discordant tones.
Dual expression pedals push things over the top and tweak MOTOR SPEED.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=3959

Last edited:
Extremely cool.

What's even more impressive is your resurrection of a nearly 7 year-old thread. You're like the Indiana Jones of forum archeology.

Back
Top Bottom