Self lubricating guitar nut

Chiguete

Experienced
Besides the Graphtech options anyone else makes one? Just wondering because that is the last thing I would need to add on a guitar to cover all the points that I might have string binding.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that Grapftech don't work good or that I want something else, just wanted to see the options before I choose a nut.

For some reason, the thread title made me think of this...

EachHeftyDodo-size_restricted.gif

Just get locksmith graphite powder and mix with white lithium grease(any big box hardware store will have both of these). Makes a raw unbleached bone nut stay in tune amazingly. Does the trick on everything....even brass nuts!

Another tip is filing on a slight down angle on both sides of the nut slots. Doesn't take much....but reduces "hang ups" on wound strings, severely.

For some reason, the thread title made me think of this...

EachHeftyDodo-size_restricted.gif
LOL good one jeje. Anyway had to ask our forum friends their recomendations ;) BTW I totally forgot about the ZerO Glide Nuts untill now, and they now offer stainless steel options wich I would guess will solve the issue some people had in the pass that the regular fret that they use in time wares out.

I use an LSR roller nut on my favorite Strat. It's a great device.

:0) ...Must be channeling you, came here to ask if the LSR was any good - ordered one yesterday for a future build.

I generally use the Tusq nuts ..which are okay ..a little overhyped I think. Most nuts need a little work out of the box, the Tusq is no different. But gonna try the LSR and see what we can see.

Video......White Explorers will cause that to happen to people.

I have guitars with Earvarna and with Graphtec. I am happy with the performance of both types. All non tremolo guitars.

I've also had good luck with LSR Roller Nuts but be aware they are not drop-in replacements. It takes some fretboard removal to fit them into an existing guitar that isn't already cut for them.

I use Earvana on all of my guitars (Electrick and Acoustic).

Besides the Graphtech options, anyone else makes one? Just wondering because that is the last thing I would need to add on a guitar to cover all the points that I might have string binding.

Back
Top Bottom