Selecting amps/caps

kavevester

Inspired
Still spending tooooo much time investigating amps and caps now there are so many. (and thanks' for that)

Could the Axe Edit maybe have some kind of profiler (inspiration - see file attached) where all the amps are stacked in order
related to chosen selectable feature you would like to filter.? Selecting the 3 params, in the picture, would f. ex bring up a bunch of amps
depending on the amount you also chose (give me 5 or 10 or 20 that's in the area of selected params.) Just another picking system than the one now
cause it drains the time to play when having both the guitar, the amps, the caps, the mix of caps etc. etc. After hearing different setups for like 20 minutes
I cannot hear the same way anyway and then it's back to scratch the next day.

Am I the only one here with some kind of wizard wishes to select these blocks?

Attachments

• Sphere.JPG
    Sphere.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 27
I’d love that. Someone with the time and knowledge could do it outside of Axe Edit, too, really.

People will complain about what is selected. There’s enough years of FAS and tutorials and screencaps that potential owners can know in 5m what they are going to see.

For your option paralysis, do this:

Pick the amp you want to use. Pick 1 ir to try with that amp. Tweak authentic page to taste. No further edit required, now play.

The idea of a tone wizard is interesting, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

To make things easier for me, I'm working on a set of presets that groups the major amp types. Amps are listed by their actual names rather than the Fractal pseudonyms. Amps with multiple channels are grouped by using the amp block channels. Eventually I'll have scenes that call the different amp channels.

This is still a work in progress, but here is the general idea.

Capture.JPG

You can arrange similar ones by color in Axe Edit, then sort by colors. It might take you a bit of time, and it’s a little like Garanimals for guitar, but it could work.

Last edited:
I've found the organization of Live Gold from @austinbuddy very practical. I don't have a history with many amps, but I'm learning in large part due to the organization (meaningful groups) and naming (real names) that exists in LiveGold.

Back
Top Bottom