Select Scene & Have Effects Layout Displayed

22 frets

Experienced
I thought I read about this somewhere but I can’t find it now. Let’s say I am in the Scenes layout using the OFMG9 layout. I want to select my Scene and have the FM9 select the Scene and also switch to the Effects layout all with the one press of the foot switch that I am using to select the Scene. Is this possible?

Last edited:
Yes, layout links are the trick.

I wanted to make my FM9 more intuitive, and modified my OFMG9 layout so stepping on a preset automatically takes me to the Scenes layout which displays the associated scenes for that preset. I didn't want it to drop down to the underlying effects because, in general, I try to make the scene have my base sound. I have an "EFFECTS" button as one of the top three buttons that'll drop me to that level if I want to enable/disable a block.

I understand. I want to be able when I select a scene to have immediate access to the effects blocks. This way, I can set up the scene with the most commonly used blocks engaged, but if I want to make a change for any reason, all I need is one tap, or two if I have to page to the 2nd Effects view. I’m just experimenting with different approaches to figure out what works best for my style of playing. One thing is for sure, simpler is better. Trying to sing, play and tap dance is not my preferred method. 😂😂😂

Reactions: Den
Yes, layout links are the trick.

I wanted to make my FM9 more intuitive, and modified my OFMG9 layout so stepping on a preset automatically takes me to the Scenes layout which displays the associated scenes for that preset. I didn't want it to drop down to the underlying effects because, in general, I try to make the scene have my base sound. I have an "EFFECTS" button as one of the top three buttons that'll drop me to that level if I want to enable/disable a block.
That's exactly how I set up mine. Love it!

Back
Top Bottom