Select Preset AND Send Midi PC

Not sure if this is possible, but I have two of the FM9 footswitches to toggle songs in my setlist up and down.
That's working fine but I'd like to be able to send out midi Program Change commands to my laptop
which is running Kontakt inside a program called Cantabile Performer.
So, is this possible with footswitches without having to use the hold function?

I forgot to mention I'm trying to do this over USB midi. Midi blocks only work with the standard midi in and out ports correct?

I know the FM9 shows-up as a MIDI device in my DAW, but I do not know if there are MIDI block limitations like that. It would be easy enough to test though.

Yea the FM9 midi ports show up in my laptop software over USB. I'm just not sure how to configure the footswitches to send midi and also change presets within the FM9 simultaneously.

That is the purpose of the midi block. When you switch to a preset (or select a different scene), all the midi messages in the scenes midi block will be sent.

Not possible using MIDI over USB. You'd need to use an external MIDI interface to capture the messages from the physical MIDI out port.

How about if I set one of the FM9 footswitches as a momentary control switch to send USB midi to the laptop,
then send a midi command back to the FM9 telling it to change the preset?

Back
Top Bottom