"Select group of people" and The Manual

Robboman

Fractal Fanatic
FractalAudio said:
We are not shipping yet. A small quantity will be shipping this week to a select group of people. A large shipment is due by the end of the month.

Just wondering, does the "select group" have anything to do with the wait list? Or are certain selected power users getting first crack at the MFC to do final testing? Or do the big rock star endorsers get first crack at the MFC? Just curious.

I'd love to see the manual too (like everyone else) but if it was posted today, the forum and email support would get bombarded with specific questions that no one (except FAS) could answer. Might be best (for FAS at least) to wait until the "select group" receives the hardware and has some time to figure the thing out, then they'll support the rest of community once the manual gets posted and MFCs start shipping to the masses.

Given that early users have a way of finding bugs and/or problems with a product it would defininitely make sense to keep the manual under wraps until that happens.

Having said that I would still love to see the manual. :)

Patience lol.

SkunkDogPatienceWisdom.jpg

Robboman said:
FractalAudio said:
We are not shipping yet. A small quantity will be shipping this week to a select group of people. A large shipment is due by the end of the month.

Just wondering, does the "select group" have anything to do with the wait list? Or are certain selected power users getting first crack at the MFC to do final testing? Or do the big rock star endorsers get first crack at the MFC? Just curious.

I'd love to see the manual too (like everyone else) but if it was posted today, the forum and email support would get bombarded with specific questions that no one (except FAS) could answer. Might be best (for FAS at least) to wait until the "select group" receives the hardware and has some time to figure the thing out, then they'll support the rest of community once the manual gets posted and MFCs start shipping to the masses.

I have to believe it's "power users" and various pro's. After all it's still beta . . . can you imagine the forum traffic if every detail isn't worked out in advance (especially relative to the manual)? I don't envy Cliff & Co.

cheers,

Jed said:
After all it's still beta . . . can you imagine the forum traffic if every detail isn't worked out in advance (especially relative to the manual)?

Exactly !

They might have to go "Liquidfoot" on us. :lol:

housecrickett.jpg

I for one won't order until I've read the manual.
Or at least a description of all the possibilities.

My guess is, some time before any coupon code emails go out we'll see an MFC page on fractalaudio.com with all the marketing, features, specs and manual link. Even wait-list people would want to see all that before sending money.

Hopefully the 'select group' testing the first batch doesn't find any problems big enough to delay the public release significantly.

Robboman said:
Hopefully the 'select group' testing the first batch doesn't find any problems big enough to delay the public release significantly.
With all respect, I'm hoping that there would be a delay in the public release if any significant problems are found.

Just wondering what they want to say about select group of people. I hope they will make it specific. I hope all will be given the same chance of acquiring coupon.

I couldn't help but notice that it's for sale on the website despite the lack of an info page or manual.... I guess that just puts you on the waiting list?

Back
Top Bottom