Seismic Audio XLR splitter vs ART S-8

unix-guy

Master of RTFM
I know some of you here are using the Seismic Audio splitter snakes (rack or floor).

We're using two ART S-8 rack mount splitters with our digital mixer rack (DL32R) and they work fine, but I have a few things I don't like:

• They have only XLR input - would like Combi jacks
  • They are splitters only - I have to plug individual connections on the back which makes my rack case quite full of cables (in external snake trunks)
  • Not as affordable as Seismic

So right now, we are limited to splitting 16 channels, only XLR inputs... Our mixer has 32 channels.

I'm thinking of ditching the S-8 units and getting a 24 or 32 channel Seismic rack mount. Since they have Combi jacks, have two hardwired trunks and are affordable, they solve my concerns above...

But, they are not isolated and do not have ground lift or pad options. I've never needed the ground lift or pad options... Not sure I care about isolated splitting.

For those of you using Seismic, have you had any issues where these features would have solved a problem, or where lacking them contributed to a problem?

Honestly, if I knew they existed when I originally built my rack I probably would have bought them but I don't really want to "step down" in the end result.

Looking for feedback and/or opinions.

Thanks!

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom