Seeking help with some Presets and sounds - Solo delay and chorus blocks?

dweiskopf

Inspired
Hi-

I play in an 80s Rock tribute band (Bon Jovi, Dokken, etc.). I'm having a hard time getting the right effects on the patches I've made. And yes, I've tried all of Mark Day's! ... This is for live use, but for both cabs on and fx block out. I'm not getting enough saturation, delay at the end / sustain, if that makes sense.

Any help would be _hugely_ appreciated!!!

Thank you!!!!!

This is why this community is so great!!! That's so kind and awesome of you. I will upload when I get to the studio. Thanks so much in advance - I _really_ appreciate it!!!

Hi! Thanks again in advance for any and all help you might be able to give. I _really_ appreciate it. There are a few patches I could use help on -- the three solo patches the most urgent, based on my comments above, and named (1) Schon Solo, (2) Lynch Delay and (3) Lynch Solo.

If you're willing (totally understand if not), I'm having trouble with a couple others I've added:
1. Talk Box just sounds completely off --- trying to make it for Livin' On A Prayer. I've tried others on Axe Xchange and this was the best I could get with some tweaks, but it's still not good at all (I tried doing it with the Schon Solo patch, but got no sound)...
2. Harmonizer - it's the same as the Schon Solo patch, but for some reason the amps get turned off. I can't figure it out
3. The Auto Wah I can't seem to get right either - even when doing the same as with the harmonizer

Any help on any of the these would be such a huge help for someone who is still a newbie really trying to learn all of this!

Thank you!
:)

Attachments

• Auto Wah.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Bon Jovi.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Harmonizer.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Lynch Delay.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Lynch Solo.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Schon Solo.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Talk Box.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 15
i'm going to rename your thread so others will come in and help you out. i personally may not have time right now to look at the presets, but there are many here who love doing this!

I can't thank you enough!!!! Really, to anybody and everybody who might be willing to help. If helpful, our setlist is below, so you can see at least some of what these sounds will be for. Thank you again.

SET #1

T Intro Backing Track

Down Boys

Raise Your Hands

Round & Round

-------------------------------------------------

Rock of Ages

* Rock You Like A Hurricane

Ø Every Rose Has Its Thorn

T Runaway

T Home Sweet Home

------------------------------------------------

Rock and Roll All Night

We’re Not Gonna Take It

T Living on a Prayer

T Don't Stop Believin'

SET #2

T Girls, Girls, Girls

Talk Dirty To Me

Any Way You Want It

T Why Can’t This be Love

T You Give Love A Bad Name

Ø Heaven

* Paradise City

*Sweet Child 'O Mine

T Jump

Nothin But A Good Time

T Here I Go Again

Crazy Train

T Final Countdown

Encore

18 and Life

*Fallen Angel

Bark at the Moon

*Matthew Electric Guitar Ø Matthew Acoustic Guitar T Backing Track Song

Extras

Alone Again

Pour Some Sugar On Me

In My Dreams

Slide It In

Lick It UpØ

Big City NightsØ

Welcome to the JungleØ

Oh, right!! So sorry! Axe Fx II. In case it helps, I use and MFC101 MkII with a Boss FV-500L expression pedal. I play stereo. For back line and FOH, I mike two 4x12 1960 A Stock Marshalls with 75s (one with an SM 57 and one with an Audix i5) (I know - but it cuts through the mix better for us and have the Marshalls helps our stage look). Those are powered by a VHT 2/50/2 and go direct to board (out of the FX block). However, I also have two channels on the board that take the output 1 left and right direct from the axe, which I run to my in ears (sounds way better!) and to record, but don't sent to FOH. I don't like the output 2 sound all that much on it's own compared to the output 1, but for LIVE shows, which is what I am focused on for all of this, output 2 sounds good in the mix compared to output 1, which is totally fine with me as that's what I hear in my in ears.

Thanks again so much for any help!!!! Really!! And I have read and read and read, so this is not trying to not learn or do it myself....

Ok....lots of stuff to go over, and I need to go to bed...........but

#1...Your 'Send' and 'Return' blocks are not set up correctly. The 'Send Level' in the send block needs to be at 100% to send row #1 to the return block. And the 'Mix' level in the return block needs to be at 100%. Since the return block was connected to the 'Input Grid' and the mix at 0%, only your dry guitar signal is entering row #3.

#2...Lots of seemingly redundant blocks? Can you explain the reason for the 3 different EQ blocks?

#3...Move the 'FX Loop' block to a different row so that you can add an independent GEQ block in front of it so you can adjust the EQ of your real cabs separately per preset if needed. Or use the output #2 global EQ?

#4...mad amounts of gain once you get row #1 to feed row #3. Preset levels too high (clipping). Use the Amp 'Level' parameter overall preset level...... and (generally) leave the 'Level' parameters in all other blocks at 0.0 db

#5...The wrong Amp sim for the sounds. IMHO

#6...Mic sims on IRs with mics already 'baked in'?..........Not sure that was intended?...If it sounds good....hey.

More when I have time.............

Wow! Thank you soooo much for your thoughts....really, I can't thank you enough. When next have time, if there is _any_ chance it wouldn't be asking too much and you might be able to specify they specific changes and / or adjust any of the presets, with the cores being the 'Bon Jovi' and 'Schon Solo', I'd really appreciate it, as it would help me have revised presets and study what you did so I can learn....if not I understand....but if so; it would be really hugely, amazingly helpful.....

I have presets for some of those songs, but most are 'Tone Matches' and would be useless with real Cabs. I went direct/full range 10 years ago.

Totally understand....and agree the tone matches haven't worked well....I'm hoping to try to modify these (or if need others) for the set up I have...if you have any time to assist, I'd be hugely in your debt! If not, I totally understand....

I also wouldn't object to more to going direct, but that would be a longer term plan....

Try this for 'Don't Stop Believing'......The tone was setup for the direct out but I included a separate GEQ block for Output #2 to EQ your real cabs per preset.

Scene #1....Main Rhythm.
Scene #2....The Solo.

Study each block to see why I did what I did. Just a quick example of how I set things up.

Attachments

• Schon Rhythm+Solo.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom